Timeless

Art creds: twilightciel on Tumblr

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dan's POV

Driving home was one of the biggest reliefs of my life.

My fiancé and my girls were okay and we could finally be the family we were meant to be. It was like a weight was being lifted from my shoulders.

But, I had a little surprise up my sleeve.

Since Phil wasn't able to have a proper baby shower because of my car accident, I might've thrown a surprise welcome home party. I came up with excuses to go back to the house to make sure that party preparation was going okay, and, for some unfathomable reason, Phil believed them.

As I was driving, I looked in the rear view mirror to see that Phil was peacefully sleeping. I couldn't blame him; he didn't sleep very well in the hospital bed. I smiled lightly as I turned in the street that our house was on.

I pulled into the driveway and quietly got out of the car. I walked into the house.

"Louise, it's time. Get everyone in their places." I whispered quickly to Louise, who was conveniently standing close to the door.

"Got it, Daniel." Louise said, patting my back before walking to get everyone ready.

I walked back to the car, relieved to see that Phil was still sleeping. I opened the back car door and gently shook Phil to wake him.

"Baby, wake up." I whispered gently. He blinked at me slowly as he pushed his glasses up to his eyes.

"Are we home?" He asked me groggily. I chuckled and nodded.

"Do you feel like walking or do you want the wheelchair?" I asked, grabbing the girls' stuff.

"I wanna hold the girls so the chair please." Phil said, smiling at the mention of the twins. I nodded and went to the back of the car to get his wheelchair out of the trunk. I rolled it towards his car door. I helped him up and into the wheel chair. I then took his place in the car, so I could get the girls out, handing them to Phil one by one.

"Are you as excited as me to be home now?" I asked Phil, rolling him towards the door. He sighed.

"Most definitely. I hated being in the hospital." He groaned. I giggled at him.

"Hey Phil, can you open the door? I unlocked the door before I woke you up." I asked, smirking slightly.

"Yeah, sure." He said, shifting Isabella so he could open the door.

"SURPRISE!!!"

Phil let out a scream before laughing and looking back at me.

"You planned this, didn't you?" Phil said, giggled.

"Maybe a little bit." I replied, rolling him inside to get out of the fall chill. "I kinda felt bad for ruining the baby shower for you, so I threw you a 'welcome home' party."

"Aww, thanks. And you didn't 'ruin' the baby shower, you were in a serious car wreck. I'm not mad about that." Phil said sweetly. I bended down to kiss him, everybody else aww-ing at us.

"So, are gonna hold the girls or.." Tyler said sassily. Phil rolled his eyes playfully.

"Well, the second Dan puts me on the couch, you can." Phil said back, looking back at me.

"I was going to, wait a second." I said, pushing his wheelchair to the couch. I helped Phil move onto the couch, with the help of PJ and Chris.

"I'm still surprised that you got everybody here, especially in such short notice." Phil said to me.