"For you." (324)

Magsimula sa umpisa

Kai pulls Malia onto him in order to get her off me but she swiftly spins around and pins him against the gate with the same knife in her hand. Kai struggles against her rage.
I wrap my arms around her and try to haul her from the back but she stands her ground and snaps her elbow back, hitting me in the face.

I stumble back and try to ignore the throbbing in my eye. I reach back and grab an arrow from it's pouch. I force it into her shoulder at the same time she pushes her knife slowly into Kai's shoulder.

Their screams echo in the air, making the hairs on my neck stand stiff. Finally, I yank her back and she looses grip and falls to the ground. I climb on top of her and push my arrow against her throat at an alarming force. One wrong move and she's dead.

"You son of a bitch! You knew him this whole time." She gasps with the breath she can gather.
Tara stands on her hand, making her release the knife.
"Of course I knew him and I wasn't gonna rat him out either, you idiot!" I growl.
"I'll kill you both." She spits.
I just laugh.

"Okay, Madison. Let her go." Rick settles.
"YOU'RE NOT SERIOUS? AFTER ESCAPING, OUTRUNNING YOU AND ATTACKING US? YOU WANT TO LET HER INTO OUR HOME. HAVE YOU COMPLETELY LOST YOUR FUCKING MIND?"
"WATCH YOUR MOUTH!" He retorts.

The anger inside me feels like a heat that begins in my stomach bubbling and gradually igniting my whole body, making me shake and see red. Literally, my vision spots and in the heat of the moment I feel both my fists fly into the air and slam down on Malia's face. Her head flops to the side and she lies there unconscious.

"Holy shit." I hear one of the newbies whisper.
"I take it back. You're sister ain't the crazy one." Another murmurs.
I wipe the blood off my face and stand up.

Just then, the gate begins to rattle as it slides open. Carl and Jenna stand on the other side.
"What's going on? Somebody said there was screaming.."
"Oh, how fucking nice of you to let us in." I mock.

Carl's face winces into both worry and confusion.
"What happened to you're f-"
I turn to Rick and shove him.
"You're going to get us all killed." I glower before walking through the gates.

"Madison? WHATS GOING ON?" I hear Carl call from behind me but I just keep marching forward.
My vision spots with red and black and my throbbing eye doesn't help.
I hear somebody sigh loudly behind me. Their voice is barely audible but I still here them.
"Ugh, Maddie...wait for me."

I wait for Kai to catch up and we both walk silently to the infirmary.
"Before you get the wrong impression, you're the only one who I know around here who can stitch me up and not mess it up." He explains as I push the infirmary door open and pull the stretcher into the middle of the room.

I pat the stretchers surface twice and he immediately hops up onto it and waits as I rummage through the drawers for what I need. I grab the stitching kit and pull a syringe and anesthesia from a glass press from above my head.

I stand between his legs as I help him slowly remove his shirt.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"Let's just get started." He grunts.
He holds his breath as I help peel his shirt off him. His eyes are screwed shut and his hands are clenched into fists.
"Sorry, sorry." I blurt every time he winces.

His whole shoulder is stained red. An angry red line is carved into his flesh between his collarbone and shoulder. The blood drips from his shoulder down his chest and toned stomach. I try my best not to look at him too much. I force myself to stare only at the wound. I grab a cloth off the counter and run it under water before hurrying back to his side and dabbing around the wound.

"Jesus Madison!" He complains.
"I'm sorry! I'm not trying to hurt you."
"No, but you always find a way, don't you."
I feel my jaw drop. I know he's angry but he never used to talk to me like this, or anyone for that matter, but then again, I've never seen him this angry.
But I'm an angry person too.