Chapter 3

A few hours later.......................

Here I am, in my office, eating my brunch after my meeting with Ralph. You may be wondering how it ended, let's just say I gave him a little piece of my mind. He can as well shove his money in his ass. No one gets to insult me and go scot-free. Who does he think he is?

Just because he is wealthy, duh! He's not the only billionaire in this world. I smile when I remember how our meeting. I gave him a little something to remember when next he feels the need to open his mouth to exude his arrogance.

*Flashback to what happened earlier....*

"What do you mean by that? Who gave you the right to talk to me like that. I believe Mr that you are forgetting your place right now. I am not one of those beggars you give a helping hand! Heck! I never even asked for your help, you are the one who kept pushing.

Now I'm wondering what you really want from me. Last I checked, I don't know you. I owe you nothing and neither do you owe me a penny. In the future, I would like for you to mind the way you talk to me!"

I was so full of rage. What audacity!
His secretary walks in to deliver the tray filled with snacks and tea on his table. She told us to help ourselves to the meal before she left. She didn't know what to do or say seeing the look on our faces.

Ralph kept looking at me with bloodshot eyes and I stared right back at him. The tension kept building up. Two can play this game!

"No one dares speak to me like that Amy," he said calmly. "I would suggest you think about the offer again. Let me get your response in the next twenty-four hours because there's no turning back once you decline "

Yen yen yen arrogant thing!
"Hey bro, heard you were being butchered in your own office. I couldn't afford to miss the sight" Ramon said as he barged in.

He looks more playful than Ralph. I could easily spot the difference between the two even though they were identical. He looked at me and said,

"And they forgot to mention that she's a hottie," he said winking at me. These kids really lack manners. Is he actually flirting with me?

Haha, see me calling them kids, I'm barely twenty-seven years and they are just a year and six months older than I am. Well, whatever, that's beside the point.

Ramon offered his hand for a handshake and said, "I'm Ramon Andrez, the more gentle and intelligent twin. Pleased to meet you"

"I would have said likewise but I wouldn't wanna be a liar now, would I?"

"Hmm wouldn't you do anything for such a lovely handsome young man like me," Ramon said with puppy eyes.
Gosh, he's so childish! I tried to remove my hand from his hold but he kept holding onto it, for reasons best known to him.

"Ramon, if you don't mind, please leave the lady alone. She was just leaving" Ralph said authoritatively.

My mind went to the tea on the table and a crazy thought popped into my head. Ramon released my hand after what his brother said. I started searching the table for what was not lost and tilted Ralph's teacup on the table like what I was looking for was inside it, I acted like I was trying to balance the teacup but it slipped.

The tea splashed on the table. It hit a few documents around and Ralph's customized iPhone wasn't left out of the tea party. Yay! Petty yeah, I know right.

I smiled but quickly hid it with a shocked face. Ralph didn't want to hear any of it. He just told me to leave him alone and I gladly left. I mean, what an honorable way to leave.

*End of flashback*

Moving on to the next item on today's agenda, checking my mailbox. This is from my high school. It says I have a reunion to attend in a month's time during the school's anniversary. Is it ten years already? Time flies truly. Well, I'm not going. Period. Don't need them wondering about my life, they never really did care before.

My high school classmates decided back then that we would have one ten years later. We all assumed that a good majority would have had their lives sorted out by then, which is now.

Maybe they were right, quite a number of us are married, some with kids, including those that were knocked up before marriage. Whatever the case may be, a child is always a blessing.

For people like me, we are still figuring our lives out. I just threw away my ticket to stardom because I didn't want to be in the spotlight. This actually begs the question of what I really want. Hmm! I really can't eat my cake and have it. What if I just have a little taste of the cake?

What do you think of Mia's prank?

Kindly vote and comment. xoxo