Chapter 2

Skyscraper view from Ralph's office^^^^^^^

The next day.......

I woke up this morning with one thing on my mind - my meeting with Andrez & Sons. How I wish he would just call up and cancel! The meeting is for ten am and this is just seven am. So little to do, so much time.

At nine am, I was dressed and ready for the meeting. The distance between the company and my residence was barely twenty minutes. I had more than enough time on my hands before the meeting so I decided to call Ralph, hoping he would change his mind about the meeting or better still say he forgot and do a rain-check.

He answered on the third ring.
"Hi, good morning Mr. Andrez. This is Amelia Raines. I am calling to confirm our meeting this morning" I said

"Hello Amelia, if I may call you that, a wonderful morning to you too. And yes our meeting is still on for this morning. You aren't thinking of not coming, are you?"

"Of course not. Why would you say that? Anyway, I will see you soon as planned"

"Alright, will be expecting you. See you soon"

That didn't go as planned huh! I guess I'm left with no choice seeing as I just dug a pit for myself, now I can't give any excuse for being absent. Well, let's get this over with. I picked the keys to my grey Ashton Martin and left the house.

It's about ten minutes before my meeting with Ralph. I can't say I'm not nervous because I am pretty nervous. I'm not so sure I can deal with someone like him. He's a pretty persuasive being. I had first rejected his offer when he first made it at the bash the other day but he was persistent and I got tired and gave in.

No, I'm not easily controlled, he was just pretty convincing and here we are. But I'm about to reject it again and this time firmly. I know he's going to want to pry to know why I refused such a great offer but that's none of his and all of my business.

I scheduled the meeting at his company. I didn't want the paparazzi following him down to my establishment. I would never hear the end of it. I also didn't want his multiple sex queens to taunt me for what I had not yet done.

Not yet done? No. That should be something I would never do. I don't want to be a part of his conquest or that of his brother. I think I like my life pretty much the way it is now. So much for freedom.

When I walked into Andrez and Sons, the receptionist I met downstairs directed me to the fortieth floor and had helped me notify his personal assistant that I was on my way to meet her.

When I got to the fortieth floor, I realized it was a private area, there were only four offices there, one was that of the personal assistants, another was a small conference room. Ralph's assistant told me I could go into his office that he was expecting me.

The third room on the floor led me to Ralph's office. I believe the last is for his twin brother, Ramon.

As soon as I entered, he walked up to me and ushered me to the white sofa in his office. He requested a few minutes to round up what he was doing before I entered.

His office was a very large space. His frame was hung up on the wall. The window blinds were up. One could see the skyscrapers through it. I moved closer to the window to admire the view. It's such a beautiful view! I'm so jealous right now. And he has all these to himself.

I would like to have my apartment someday graced with such a view. My apartment is on the third floor but the view at night is so different as compared to what it would be at the topmost apartment and the rooftop. I had been to the rooftop once but couldn't stay for long.

"A penny for your thoughts Amy" Ralph whispered into my ears. I was so lost in the beauty of the view that I forgot exactly where I was. I turned immediately to face him, but what I didn't know was our proximity.

We were so close to each other. His breath was fanning my nose. The sound of our heartbeats could be heard. I need to calm down. I have a meeting.

Ralph was the first to leave. He muttered sorry while shifting back.
What just happened? We've barely even started. This is really a not so good idea. Let's just end it now.

I sat in front of his desk and slipped the offer back to him.
"I'm sorry but I can't accept your offer. It's a great deal quite alright but I'm not interested in dealing with you. I don't want the attention it brings with it. I can't bargain that for the world"

His gaze was fixated on me. Why isn't he saying anything? Please say something, I pleaded with my eyes.

"Hmm, Amy, you don't mind me calling you that, do you?" he asked

"No, I don't" I replied curtly. Now, where is this conversation leading to? Hmm.

"Alright, Amy. Please permit me to ask. Is your rejection because of our reputation or because you don't know what you really want?"

What?!!!

Thank you for reading the story. 

Please do not forget to vote and comment. xoxo