Chapter 1

A picture of Mia's bedroom ^^^^^^

It's a beautiful morning today. The sun is shining so bright and the weather is cool. Days like these are pretty rare, all we've been experiencing for the past one week are heavy rainfall. Even your umbrella can not save you from that rain. It comes with a strong wind, destroying things in its path.

My safest place is beneath the covers of my duvet. It's pretty warm inside and pretty lonely too, but let's not focus on the lonely part yet. My duvet gives me comfort when I have those nightmares which I had never told anyone about, though it's been a while I had any of those. I guess nothing to trigger them. I scroll through the news application on my phone, looking at those who the media channels have decided to adore on their page.

The rate at which the media claws at those at the top is quite alarming. They try to fish out as many stories as they can get out of nothing, destroying people's life's work and image in the process. Hence, the need to be cautious cannot be overemphasized.

I have seen the mighty fallen, I have seen the rich beg for bread all because of one page of the morning news. It is indeed a cruel world. Every man for himself. It's indeed the survival of the fittest.

On today's episode of who got lucky on the front page, we have the city's finest and most wealthy entrepreneurs. They are the CEOs of the biggest corporations in the country, Ramon Andrez and his twin Ralph Andrez.

The media never gets tired of splashing on our faces their escapades even though most of the time, they try to cover up a lot of it with their business success.

They do not just play but they also work, a lot if I may add. I was once an intern for their company while their father was the CEO. As an intern in that large corporation, I learned a lot, though I was hardly ever noticed. Only the bosses are known, every other worker remains insignificant until there's a problem with him.

Last I heard, the twins had been trying to foster interpersonal relationships between each level of authority. And it has been showing in their work. They've had more accomplishments compared to their father.

Now they are into supporting Small Medium Enterprises. They've also acquired more companies since they started.

You may be wondering why I am talking about these two. Well, I'm acquainted with one of them....or maybe both of them. They made a proposal to invest in my academy and we've just set a meeting after a long year of invitations.

The offer's pretty good but I'm not so sure I want them in my business. It would mean that my every step would be monitored, a lot of speculations and what have you. The easiest way to be known is to be with any of these two.

I guess they have a lot of convincing to do on their part. Accepting would be saying goodbye to my so-called mysterious and quiet life. The life where I could go to McDonald's to order pizza and I wouldn't be bothered by the paps.
All will be gone in a jiffy.

People have been curious as to who I am. I hardly ever get my pictures taken in public. I just want a peaceful life, free from people who do not know me judging my life as they've been in my shoes.

I have lived my life waiting for approval for everything I did. I never realized this until I read a book that bordered on a few parts of my life. That day I realized it was the day I gave up on pleasing people at my expense, and thus far, it has really helped me in a lot of ways.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a wicked person, I am involved in charitable activities but I do not do things at my expense, I come first. The law of doing unto others what you want them to do to you hasn't applied to me yet.

No matter what I do, people do not care if their actions hurt me as long as they get what they want. And after they've got it, they disappear till the next need. Some are even unappreciative of the efforts I made, they feel entitled to it. What a terrible way to live in this world.

I am not one to repay evil for evil but I'm not stupid to allow people trample upon my dignity. There have to be some limitations if you agree with me.

Tomorrow is the day of my meeting with Ralph. I met him through our mutual friend at a birthday bash, who told him who I was and that I was looking for investors which led to the offer and, hence, this meeting.

My company is a design company. We create designs and logos, we lookout for talented artists we help them with their exhibits. We have freelance photographers too who come into work when necessary.

The aim is to create an environment where those who are good with designs can freely exhibit their talents without pressure with our modern-day equipment which is why we need investors.

It's a big day tomorrow. I guess I have to retire early for the big meeting. Let's see what tomorrow brings with it.

This is just the beginning, you are in for a long ride!!!

Enjoyed this? Don't forget to vote, comment and share. Thanks