Part 7

Artemis POV

I was in my tent trying to figure out where next to hunt. The girls and Percy were outside enjoying the campfire. I heard Pheobe mock Percy by asking if he was scared of his past. I was about to go out and tell her off when Percy said in a very calm and scary voice.
"Yes huntress, I fear my past. Would you like to experience it?" Then immense pain washed over me. I felt his guilt when he saw Beckendorf, Selena, Luke, Zoë and Bianca die. I felt all the pain he ever had in his life. I felt his heart shatter with the betrayal of his family and friends, when Annabeth broke up with him. The pain was too much. How could one person, let alone one male, live with so much pain and suffering. Now I see why he wanted to kill himself. The betrayal was too much for the poor boy. I was on the floor of my tent, hugging my knees and crying softly for my guardian.

"Tell Lady Artemis that they need to find another guardian. I quit" he said in a cold voice before I felt his presence disappear. My Hunters were sitting there is shocked silence before Pheobe said
"Good riddance." Then I heard someone get up and then I heard a slap. Pheobe yelled out it pain.
"Wat the frig was that for!" Pheobe yelled.
"For disrespecting my cousin. You all felt his pain and suffering. The least you could have done was respect him. Now look, he is gone, disappeared away from us. We were supposed to be his family, the ones who would fill the gaping hole in his heart. Instead we made it bigger" said Thalia with malice in her voice. I stood up and quickly went out of my tent before Thalia killed any of my Hunters.
"Milady Artemis" Pheobe said quickly. "The boy has left and he said he quit. Do not worry. We didn't need a boy to protect us." I nodded and said that I needed to go to Olympus to call a council. After leaving Thalia incharge, I flashed to Olympus and shot an arrow which disappeared and soon the gods came flashing in.
"Why did you call this meeting daughter?" Asked my father. I took a deep breath.
"Percy left and has gone missing" I said quickly.
"WHAT" shouted Poseidon standing up. While the gods were trying to calm Poseidon down and were thinking of ways to track down Percy, I noticed that Hestia and Hades were mind messaging each other. The noticed and I was also put into their conversation.
(Artemis Hades Hestia)
What did your lady Mafia do to our champion?
Lady Mafia? And we didn't need him anyway. We can protect ourselves just fine.
You fool. It's not if you needed him not not. He needed you! We sent him to your camp so that he could heal. The hearth has been slowly dying. He was an ember that always glowed brightly. Always filled with hope and made others hopeful as well. He was.the thing holding the Romans and Greeks together.
And with that I was kicked out of their conversation. I wondered if what they said was true. I suddenly felt a note in my pocket. The meeting just then was dismissed and I looked into my pocket to see a note. It was from Percy.
Do not go looking for me. I will not return. Just a heads up, every night there has been a monster attack and I killed them all while you were asleep. Just a fare warning.
Percy

I read the letter and my eyes widened. I flashed to camp to see it in flames. Greek fire was spreading quickly burning our tents and supplies. A few Hunters lay dead on the ground. Monsters were everywhere destroying our camp. Thalia was using her spear and kept summoning lightning bolts to kill the monsters. I leapt into battle, hunting knives in hand. I stabbed it through a hellhound's neck and continued slashing my way through monsters. Soon all the beasts were dead. Thalia had a huge cut on her cheek and minor injuries everywhere else. Apparently they were surprise attacked. I nodded as she did a status report on who was injured and where. I looked around the ground. I saw 5 limp bodies littering the ground. I decided that we needed to sleep somewhere safer and then flashed us all to my temple to sleep. Zeus was gonna find us a new guardian but I knew we were never going to get a male as good as Percy