Chapter 26

I wake up in a hospital room. IV in my arm, bandages on the other..
Lindsay is asleep, uncomfortably sitting in a chair next to my bed. What the hell is going on?

"Aw, Miss Monroe! You're awake." A bright eyed nurse with a wide smile comes in, startling me.

Lindsay stirs from her sleep, eyes wide. "Izzy!" She jumps up from the chair, nearly knocking it over. "My bad.. I just haven't saw her in so long." She apologizes (somewhat) to the nurse who nods her head understandingly. She probably thinks Lindsay is exaggerating.

"Well. We've gotta change those bandages Isabella.. I know it sucks but bites are sucky business." She giggles, coming around to my hurt arm with a roll of bandages in hand. Lindsay moves out of the way for her, rushing to the other side.

"Izzy..I've missed you so much. You just-" she hesitates for a moment, "showed up at the front door, bleeding like I don't know what." She shrugs her shoulders but the worry in her eyes is clear.

"What about Arthur?" I ask, the nurse goes on changing the bandages without suspicion.

"He..I don't know. I'll explain later." I nod slowly, barely taking this in.

"How long have I been here?"

"Three days." The nurse answers.

She finally finishes, smiling as she leaves. Lindsay leaps from the chair, ready to spill. "Okay..Arthur is okay. The game kinda..crashed when you LITERALLY FLEW THROUGH THE TV!" She whisper-screams, moving her hands dramatically as she talks.

"Wow."

"Yeah! 'Wow'! Think of me, just watching you being murdered by wolves and BOOM here ya are! Bleeding out on the apartment floor.."

"Jesus...that one with the black fur really wanted me dead.. I hope Arthur is okay. But how am I going to save him now? Is it over now or what?" Lindsay shrugs her shoulders, dread settles over us.

"I sure as hell hope so. You're being released tonight though, that'll be good. I really have missed you and I'm super sorry for everything.. I know you like Arthur a lot."

"Eh." I shrug my shoulders. "It is what it is." It's more than she thinks but there's no point in making Lindsay beat herself up.. if I'm being honest, I was falling for Arthur, hardcore..

"No. I can see it in your eyes.." she plops down on my bed, sighing.

"It's okay Lindsay, for real."

"Bells..you had sex with him.. and no I didn't watch but I got the gist of what was happening before turning the tv off.." she sighs, tears in her eyes. "I know how much that means to you, you like him.. dare I say love him." I blush at her words, tears welling in my eyes as well.

"Yikes..yeah I like him but... there's not much I can do." I try to shrug it off.

She hung her head, sadness on her cute little face. "I know..let's just get out of here."

__________

A week later

I've been playing Red Dead the last few days, Arthur writes about me in his journal.. he's sad, confused, and angry. He writes often about how he wanted so badly to marry me. My heart is in shambles, as well as my mind.

And the worst part of it all...Arthur has TB now and there is nothing I can do about it other than watch, sadly..

"Bella?" Lindsay peeps her head out of her bedroom door.

"Yeah?"

"Won't you quit for a while?" She suggests.

"I can't..I can't leave him hanging anymore than I already have.." I turn back to play, ignoring her as she plops down beside me

"What if I suggest...a way for you to go back?"

I pause the game, looking at her, uneasy now. "How?"

She holds something behind her back, her face falling. "Don't be mad.."

"Lindsay, cmon stop fucking with me."

She takes a deep breath, slowly handing me something wrapped in one of her expensive scarves..
I quickly unwrap it and I'm truly shocked to see my old phone..

"You-you kept it?"

She nods, fear in her eyes. "Yeah...I thought what if it's the only way I can get you back.."

I grab her into bear hug. "I'm not mad.. this may be my only way back to him.. even if it's just to save him.."

Here's a gif.. sassy Arthur is the best ❤️ I hope y'all are enjoying!

 sassy Arthur is the best ❤️ I hope y'all are enjoying!