Chapter 14

TRIGGER WARNING!!!!!! If you're uncomfortable with sexual assault or abuse please DO NOT READ! This is NOT apart of rdr2, although there is an assault that is in the game if triggered, this chapter is solely to show how disgusting the O'Driscoll gang is, it was mentioned in the game how they did things such as this. You're warned.

After the initial shock of Arthur's death, my carelessness opened my eyes. My guard was very much up now, I've basically followed Arthur from a distance..so I don't intervene. We can't have another death. Only 4 more chances.

I stood by the bank of the water near Clemen's Point, the night drew near and the gang was slowly tiring down for the dreaded night. Arthur went to bed about an hour ago, my guard was down slightly and my heart was sad.
I haven't heard from Lindsay for..weeks it feels like. I'm sure she's lying on the couch, eating popcorn as she watches my loneliness and mess ups..

"John! Damn you." Abigail yelled in the background of my thoughts. The night has finally fallen now so I know I'm completely alone, the dark conceals my pain.. what am I doing?

"Silly man." A mumble and curse behind me. "Oh!" Abigail looked up at me, startled. "What the Sam Hill are you doin out here?" She demanded.

I shook my head, eyes falling to my boots. "I'm not sure." I whisper.

"Well...you better stay close to camp, if you was taken we'd never have known." She crosses her arms, face softening. "If you don't mind me askin... is it Arthur?" She settled beside me, both of us staring out onto the waters.

"Um..sort of." My heart aches.

"Well...if he would quit that Mary.. the man infuriates me." She scoffed, a smile lifting her lips. "Hosea taught me that word when he was reading to Jack." She giggled childishly. I smiled despite myself. "But it's a perfect word for him ain't it?" She laughed, I nodded with a smile.

"Are you and John arguing?" I ask to change the subject.

"Hah! When ain't we arguin.." she basically growls. "He needs to be a..daddy! But no. That's too much to ask for! If it weren't for Jack.." she trails off.

"I understand Abigail..completely. My father wasn't around much either and it..killed my mother. But we turned out fine." I smile at her, she meets my eyes but looks lost.

"How many brothers and sisters you got?"

"I...have cousins we took in. My sister..she-she passed away.."

"Say no more. I can tell it pains you. I don't mean to pry." She gently rubbed my shoulder closest to her, a sad smile on her lips. "Don't worry about Arthur honey, he can take care of himself and...can I give ya some advice?"  I nod, her face goes serious. "Don't fall for an outlaw..and don't fall pregnant either!"

"Noted." I swallowed hard at the thought.

"Well goodnight." She walks off, waving a hand with her back still turned as she trotted off.

"Goodnight." I call, following shortly after she disappeared.

I settled into my tent, closing the flaps slightly leaving just enough to see Arthur's cot. His sleeping form was silent and still, back turned this way. I prayed for him and myself.. of course I know this is a game but...I'm falling so deep and far.. what more can I do?

Just as I started to close my eyes Sean catches my attention, he sprints over to Arthur. "Hey Arthur!" He calls then shakes him slightly.

"W-What the hell?" Arthur mumbles, sitting up slowly.

"we got business to attend to." I groan at the words, of course! No rest for the wicked I suppose. I sit up, crawling to the crack to watch them.

I quickly dress, waiting for them to leave. Arthur dresses, throwing his gun belt on. They rush off towards the horses.