Chapter 13

Flashback (Continuation)

''No!" Astrid pouted, crossing her arms over her chest

''Why not?" I asked. Chuckling at amusement..

''I want a piggy.'' She demanded. I laughed.

''No way. Your too old for that.'' I shook my head. She pouted even more.

''Pleeease? I want a piggyback ride" I stared at her. She stared back giving me toothless puppy eyes. ''Let's just go in. Your heavy" I said

''How'd you know, I'm heavy?"

''I don't. I think you are.'' I said honestly.

She frowned, ''I hate you.'' I smirked, ''Really?" She nodded. ''Hate you so much''

''Come on, let's go. It's cold out here.''

She crossed her arms. A stubborn cute pout on her face. She stared at me her eyes saying ; I want a piggyback

I groaned and picked her up. Bridal-style.. When i picked her up she made an unusual squeel and wrapped her arms around my neck, I felt my blood running to my cheeks.

''T-this good?" I stuttered. I can't believe I'm doing this right now. She gave me a 'hmm' in aknowledgement and snuggled closer to me.

I started walking towards the house. Now, I can die happily.. I'm lucky, Jonny's not with me today or else he's uncanny ability to ruin a good moment would jump out about now.

I reached for the knob using my hand that was under her knee and kicked the door gently with my foot. I made my way to her room and placed her to her bed.

Just when I was about to let go. She tightened her arms around my neck and pulled me with her.I almost fell on top of her but I used my other hand for support. Our body close and our face a few inches apart.

''Don't go'' she mumbled eyes close. ''Warm.'' She said. I was momentarily confused but after some time I got it. I was warm.. Or I was making her warm.

''I can't. Its inappropriate'' I whispered jokingly. She groaned.. ''I'll open the heater''

''No.'' She said. I tried getting her arm off my neck only for it to push me back to her. I blushed. Well this is not at all awkward..

''Astrid,'' I warned. She lazily opened her eyes.. Gods.. Why did her eyes have to be so beautiful... ''Just for tonight.'' She asked.. She still reeks of alcohol

With a defeated sigh, I nodded. ''Just for tonight.'' She let go of my neck and gave me more space. I layed right beside her and almost instantly she rested her head to my shoulder and placed a hand to my chest. I hesitantly put my arms around her. ''I take it back.'' She said

''Take back what?" I asked.

''Dont hate you anymore.'' She said. I smiled ''Just go to sleep, drunk woman.''

Flashback ends

I guess... This... Is far more awkward than what happened last night..

''What the hell are you two doing?'' Tuffnut said jaw dropped..

I nodded stupidly, jaw slightly dropped, eyes blinking.. Astrid's eyes widen and shoved Ruff off of her who landed on the hard floor with a small whimper rubbing her butt and ran to me.. Stopping in front of me to explain.

''I swear that wasnt-- you got the-- it was just-- dont-- I mean-- we didn't..'' She tried to explain but before she could embarass herself. I placed a finger on her lips and she stopped to stare at me..