Papyrus' Brain

Soon, they emerged from the room. Alphys looked nervously at a piece of paper she was holding. "W-well, he's g-going to be alright, b-but I was w-wondering if any of y-you had an objection to s-sedating him so w-we can scan h-his thought process?"

Papyrus shrugged. "Fine by me," He said. Frisk looked concernedly at him, and he just smiled. "Don't worry, I'll be fine." Frisk hesitantly nodded. "Alright." Alphys then lead Papyrus to a machine and told him to drink some sort of magic potion. Soon, he was out cold.

Alphys then guided Frisk and Undyne to another room the had a huge monitor in it. Alphys pushed a few buttons to power it on. It showed a revolving image of Papyrus, his stats, and it had a picture of a brain.

Frisk tilted her head to the side. "Skeletons have brains?" Alphys nodded. "It's m-magic," she said simply. Alphys then clicked a certain section of his brain, which specified his favorite foods.

Frisk read what the text on the screen said. "Huh, He never eats his spaghetti. Who woulda thought." Alphys then clicked on a few different parts of his brain, giving her some information, but not a lot she had needed.

Alphys then clicked a point of the brain she had failed to click before and it showed a picture of Sans and a Papyrus wearing a hoodie with a cigarette in his mouth. "Hmmm..." Alphys made sure to take note of this finding.

Frisk quietly read a few sections of the text on the ginormous monitor. "He misses Sans... AUs, wonder what those are... Underswap?.. Using his knowledge of a different AU to make himself like Sans?"

Frisk picked up her phone and called the prison, scheduling another appointment to talk to Sans. They had an open spot tomorrow, luckily. She also scheduled another appointment a week later. Frisk would go without Papyrus to the first appointment, knowing that she wouldn't get all the information she wanted if he was there.

Frisk quickly jotted picked up a paper and jotted down what the screen said. Alphys then said "I-if you w-want to continue looking, y-you can, but I'm g-going to leave. I have all t-the information I need. It'll turn o-off when he wakes up." Alphys left the room, followed by Undyne. "BYE, NERD!"

Frisk was rotating the brain and clicking around, until she spotted something strange. It showed a cloudy image that she couldn't quite make out. It appeared to be a lab. When she tried to read the text, she failed due to it being in Wingdings. Frisk sighed and took a picture of it. Maybe Sans could translate.

She noticed that there were more images related to that part of the brain. Hospital gowns, lasers, a smaller Sans, and another skeleton. "Maybe it's Gaster," Frisk said to herself. She made sure to write down as much as she could before Papyrus started to come to.

Soon, Papyrus was awake. He asked "What time is it?" Frisk glanced at her watch. "Shoot, it's 11 PM." Papyrus stuck out his hand. "I would say I know a shortcut, but I don't wanna freak you out any more than you already are." He chuckled. Frisk took his hand and they teleported to their house.

Frisk laid in Sans' bed and sighed. "When will they have his hearing? When do we get Sans back? Why are they keeping him there for so long? Are they even going to have a hearing?" All of these questions flowed through Frisk's mind as she drifted off to sleep, thinking about her lover.