The Meeting

"Ah, Ms. Dreemurr. Please take a seat." Frisk took a seat and was informed that the meeting would start in five minutes. She was nervous as heck and was scared. What if she made a mistake that ruined things for monsters?

"Snap out of it, Frisk," she whispered to herself, slightly shaking her head. She was determined to do her best, even if monsters were sent underground again, she knew that she did all that she could to help.

Frisk sat there nervously for 5 minutes, sipping at the glass of water that was provided for her. Then the meeting started.

"Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. As you all know, we are here to discuss the situation at hand. The freedom of monsters. This meeting will determine whether or not there will be a war, or if we'll force them underground, or if they'll continue to live in harmony with us on the surface."

The man had some files with him and he said "I have brought with me some files documenting my research about monsters. We also have Ms. Frisk Dreemurr here with us to represent all monster kind today and in future meetings." He gestured to Frisk, who smiled weakly at the pursed lips and disapproving expression on the faces of the others.

The man started reading some of his documents. "According to my research, criminal activity has increased by 30%, and monsters contribute to almost half of that criminal activity."

He was droning about percentages and numbers and documents, but Frisk understood one thing. They were all against monster kind. Frisk was the only one here for monsters, only one person here to try to persuade these folks that monsters deserve to be free on the surface.

A lady stood up. "My crew and I have ran some research and have noticed the decline in physical activity in humans due to monsters being free on the surface. There has also been a steady decline in social interaction due to parents being afraid of letting their children interact with monsters. They are forced to stay inside their homes, the only place safe from monsters."

A man stood up. "My crew has also noticed that there have been more deaths ever since monsters were freed. More people have been getting into fights with monster kind, and hostility against others has increased. You can see that people are not as friendly as they used to be due to trying to protect themselves and their families."

A man stood up, which Frisk recognized as Detective Williams. Frisk gulped, knowing that he would probably bring up Sans' situation.

"Recently, there have been murders happening by monsters more often. They say that it was the right thing to do in their situation, but that goes to show that monsters were not raised in the right way and they are more hostile and dangerous than humans."

Detective Williams took a deep breath and looked at Frisk. "For example, Ms. Dreemurr's boyfriend, a monster, recently killed her former lover because he severely harmed her to the point of death. They both claim that he succeeded in killing her and Ms. Dreemurr is only here today because her boyfriend fused with her so that her soul wouldn't shatter and they got separated shortly after."

A lady stood up and banged her fist against the table harshly. "That's impossible! Slander, I say! Falsehood! Lies! A human was killed! Monsters deserve war!" She hissed venomously.

Frisk stood up calmly. "It's true, although I know that you all will refuse to believe it. Monsters are good, and they will not fight unless provoked. Imagine if all humankind was sent underground, never being able to see the sun or feel the wind. That's what monster kind had to deal with underground."

The lady who made the outburst shouted "THEY DESERVE TO DWINDLE AND DIE UNDERGROUND! THEY DON'T DESERVE THE MERCY THAT THEY NEGLECTED TO SHOW HUMANS!"

Frisk sighed. "Ma'am, I know you feel strongly about this, but monsters have feelings too. Everyone is selfish sometimes, especially humankind. When I fell into the underground around 10 years ago, they showed me more kindness than humans ever did. That's why I believe they should be allowed to remain with us on the surface. They should be treated as humans are."

The lady was red faced. "THEY'RE BLOODTHIRSTY VERMIN THAT SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY! THEY SHOULD HAVE STAYED UNDERGROUND!"

Frisk responded "Are you telling me that instead of sparing them and leading them to a better life on the surface, I should've killed them all?"

The lady screamed "THEY KILLED ALL THOSE OTHER CHILDREN! THEY DESERVE TO ROT IN HELL FOR ALL OF ETERNITY! HOW DO WE KNOW YOU'RE EVEN HUMAN?" The lady was red in the face and was behaving improperly for being at a business meeting, but everyone was against the minority.

Frisk attempted to calmly respond "I could show you my soul, if you want proof that I'm human." A man asked "What? Souls aren't material things." Frisk explained "Monsters have souls that are shaped as upside down hearts. Monster souls are also always white. My soul isn't."

The screaming lady, calmer than before, asked "How do we know if you're telling the truth?" Frisk said "I can bring a monster with me at the next meeting." The lady, now more enraged, yelled "PREPOSTEROUS!" But the man at the head of the table said "Please do, Ms. Dreemurr. I would like to hear more of your case."

Frisk's eyes widened. The man said "I will email you all the dates of the next meetings. As of now, Ms. Dreemurr, please collect more information and bring it to us at the next meeting. You may all leave now."

Everyone started to get up and leave, and so did Frisk, but she was stopped by the screaming lady. She whispered to Frisk "There WILL be a war, and monsters WILL lose, and they'll be sent to rot underground as they deserve."

Frisk smirked and said "I hope you have a nice day as well." She then walked off, leaving the lady to fume at nobody.

Frisk went back home to see all of her friends there. "How was the meeting, my child?" Toriel asked caringly. Frisk smiled weakly. "It could've gone better." Frisk sat down and clapped her hands together. "Okay, it's good that you're all here. I need a monster volunteer to come to my next meeting."

Undyne, Papyrus, Mettaton, and MK all offered, but Frisk didn't think that they'd be a good choice for the meeting. "Hey, Alphys? Do you wanna come?" Alphys looked surprised. "W-what? You w-want... me? W-why? I mean, s-sure, I'll g-go..." Undyne, Papyrus, Mettaton, and MK all groaned.

Frisk smiled. "I'll explain later." Frisk then asked "Why're you all here anyways?" Asgore smiled warmly. "We thought we'd set up dinner for you as a reward for going through with that meeting and representing us." Frisk blushed. "Aww, guys, you shouldn't have..." Undyne said "YOU DESERVE IT, NERD!" MK said "Yeah, Frisk, you're the best!" He had gotten over his Undyne obsession after so many years.

Frisk was happy that her friends cared so much for her, but she felt a pang of sadness since Sans wasn't there to enjoy it. "Thanks guys, you're all so amazing. I don't deserve great friends like you..." Undyne noogied her. "DON'T SAY THAT, PUNK!"

Toriel and Asgore herded everyone to the dining room where everything was set up. There was spaghetti, cinnamon-butterscotch pie, golden flower tea, ramen, and MTT face steak. Seeing that her friends cared about her so very much filled her with determination. She was going to give it her all.