Chapter Content Bonus (2)!

I'm fresh out of original memes. And now, an inspiring poem!

Memes

I have them

There's lots in the world

And now I don't have lots

Ok bye bye

-a wonderfully written poem by Samantha Bond

I'm actually very happy with this book's progress. I only started it in May but I've gotten a lot of positive results from it. I've had a couple of people DM me saying they appreciate the book and it makes them enjoy life etc. Some people say that it's relatable which is what I was going for (yay). Like I've said before, my sister actually approved this book. The person that never likes anything I write has actually approved of something I've done so that in and of itself is a miracle. I didn't expect to get so many reads and votes in such a short amount of time either. 

But mainly, I think this book has helped me grow a lot as a person. I planned on writing this book in the form of a journal initially, but I think I gave it more of a personality by giving advice to people. I love that I'll be able to look back on this as an adult and see how far I've come. I love that I'll be able to give my kids some sort of perspective on how to handle their problems or how important they are (And if they are reading this, I guess I love you but I don't really know yet since while I'm writing this you haven't been conceived).

I was thinking of saving this for another chapter, but I think I'll say it now. The other day I was sitting eating ramen noodles with makeshift chopsticks and listening to my favorite BTS playlist. And my mom and I were sitting and talking about school stuff and how I need to apply for scholarships and that we need to sit down and figure out what schools I should apply for and visit some campuses. And it just suddenly hit me: "I don't know what I want to do. I don't know who I want to grow up to be. And I'm terrified." I just started crying right there into my ramen, my breath hitching as I mumbled out the tune to Silver Spoon. I told my mom what was wrong and I could tell she was freaked out because I had been fine one moment and on the verge of a mental break-down next. She told me that she had changed schools twice and majors like four times before she knew what she wanted to do.

She told me that I was too young to really know who I was supposed to be and that it is scary, but she'll be there every step of the way. She wasn't just going to throw me out on the street and say, "Have fun at college!". Have I mentioned how much I love my mom? I love her. 

Writing books is a hobby. I don't want to be an author, but who knows? Maybe it will happen one day and I won't even realize it. The point is, I'm scared. Futures are scary. And it's the first time I've really felt terrified of what the future holds. I know that in the immediate future, this book is really going to help me. I'm scared but, I also know that if I try hard enough I'll be whatever I want to and it will work out for the best. 

And now, as promised, here's the (tentative) chapter names and (tentative) order up to the third quarter (Chapter 30)! Sorry I couldn't plan out to chapter 40. I'm kind of at a stand-still with "life experiences". 

21. Please and Thank You: Manners

22. The Most Lonely Creature in the World: Loneliness

23. Is it Right?: Morals (not my morals, but keeping yours in general)

24. I Have Some Concerns: How to deal with different kinds of idiots

25. My Cup of Tea: Gossip isn't that fun, especially when it's about you

26. This is My No-No Square: Drawing the line in and out of relationships

27. A Bucket of Joy: Optimists win the day

28. Telling Your Story: How and why writing is helpful and how to be better at it!

29. An Open Book: How to get your opinions across in a way that sticks

30. Going the Extra Mile: How service helps you become a better you.

Chapter Content Bonus (3)!

As a general rule:

You do not have to agree with my opinion because it is exactly that: MY opinion. And if you don't like it, turn your attention to the top left of your screen and there you will find a little X or a <. You are welcome to push that button. Thank you and goodnight.

So I've thought about it for a while now, and I think it's safe to say that there will be a second book to Letters to My Life. I'm not sure what I'll call it yet, and I'm obviously not going to start working on it until I'm finished with this one, but for anyone keeping up with it, there will be another one in what I'm going to estimate is probably six months. We'll see.

And, as promised (or hinted at) here is the face reveal! My more frequent readers already know what I look like so this probably isn't even a big deal. 

What to Take Away From This: Futures are scary, but it will work out in the end. Congrats to me on getting halfway! 

Thank you for reading, hope your day doesn't suck! -Sam