Chapter 42: Breather

Paulo and Evara reached their house and Paulo parked outside. He went inside and saw Oriana doing the dishes. He went to her side to support her.

"You don't need to do all these now Oriana...you know that right?" He asked. She ignored him and started doing the dishes again. Paulo sighed . She was never going to listen to him. He caught her and picked her up in the bridal style and went out of the kitchen.

"Paulo! What the hell is this? Leave me Paulo!" She cried. Paulo did not listen to her and made her sit on the couch.

Evara laughed at the silliness of her parents.

"Seriously Papi?" She said and laughed. Oriana looked at her and then at Paulo and she herself started laughing clutching her stomach when it was too much.

"Why you doing this? One moment you give everything to me and the next moment you take everything away from me" Oriana said. Paulo kept quite. He did not know what to day. She was really hurt by his actions but it was time he spoke the truth to her and to himself too.

"Ori....like Eva is my daughter, the child Shruti is carrying is also my daughter and I don't want her to grow up without one" he said. He caught her hand. Oriana's breath caught halfway. That insecurity ate her every moment. She did not want to share her Paulo with anyone.

She did not want Evara to share her father with anyone else's child. She sighed and turned straight to Paulo.

"I had always warned you about your extra closeness towards Shruti buy you never listened to me, then this happened. What is the proof Paulo that you won't...get drifted away?" She asked. Paulo nodded understanding.

"I won't Ori..there were things which I didn't understand when I was in a relationship with Antonella but you taught me, similarly your beliefs won't let me get drifted away from you because in the end of the day...I love you and you only" Paulo kept a hand on her stomach.

"And them too" he said. Oriana laughed. She brushed away the tears forming in her face. She leaned in and kissed Paulo on his lips.

"I love you too" she replied.

"Mi amore?" Evara interrupted from behind them Paulo and Oriana looked at her.

"Isn't she growing over smart?" He asked and caught Evara and pulled her making her fall on Paulo. Evara laughed as her father tickled her.

"Papi!" She cried. Orians laughed just keeping a safe distance away from them just in case she may hurt herself. She was really very injury prone.

"Papi!" Evara laughed and giggled as her dad tickled her even more. Oriana laughed but then separated the duo.

"Come on it's over, now it's time for lunch" she said to Evara. Evara frowned. She wasny hungry. Paulo could read her face clearly. He took her in her arms and propped Oriana to her feet with some voluntary help from her.

"But before that...lets walk by the lawn...and see what we will miss in Turin" Paulo said. Oriana nodded. She followed the father and daughter outside to the lawn. She took a deep breath of the fresh air. She looked at Pauli who was still holding Evara with his one hand. She smiled at him.

He drapped a hand around her shoulder blade.

"This city gave me you Paulo...how can I leave this city and go?" Oriana said as her eyes filled with tears.

"I could say the same thing but it's high time that we take a step and weave our new future in Madrid" he replied. Oriana smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder.

That breather was needed for both him and her. Now they would forget everything and start a new life with each other in Madrid....