Chapter 36: The New But Old Person

The kids had fun for a little while and now it was time to go back for lunch. Evara would not go. Paulo could not persuade her.

"Come on...Eva lets go" he pulled her arm but she released it.

"I wanna stay a little more... please Papi..." She requested.

Paulo and Evara were literally having a tight of war. Oriana and Vito were seeing them from afar , laughing heavily.

"Evara...let's go..we need to havwunch baby" Oriana called out to her.Evara frowned and went to her mother.

Paulo was shocked, angry, tired looked at Oriana. How she has persuaded her with one call. His hands were on his hips.

"You both are really out of the world!" He said horrified. Oriana laughed.

They came back home in the evening. Oriana was too tired and would go to her room and  sleep. But unfortunately they had guests waiting for them. As soon as they came near the doorstep they heard Evara yell.

"Tia Shruti!"

Paulo's head shot up at her. Their eyes met . Shruti smiled.

"Hola amigos y amigas...como estas?" She asked bending down to Evara's height and carressed her cheek. Paulo went and hugged her so did Oriana.

"How did you come here?" Oriana asked. Shruti smiled.

"I missed you three" she replied.

Evara pulled her away. Shruti gave a late look at Paulo before exiting. Paulo felt uneasy. The last time they met...though they had become friends but still he felt uncomfortable in front of her in some cases.

Oriana saw his uncomfortability and asked him.

"Something wrong Pau?"

Paulo looked at her.

"Why is Shruti here?" He asked back.

Oriana's face fell. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"You like her presence don't you?" She asked. Paulo stopped. He could not tell Oriana what had happened between them. He needed to keep white for the sake of his daughter.

"I will take you to your room" Paulo proposed. Oriana nodded.

"Sure"

Paulo dropped Oriana to her room. Oriana was still not convinced with his behaviors.

"Is something wrong Paulo? Tell me...maybe I can help" she said. Paulo smiled and nodded negetively.

"You can't help me mi amore...don't worry yourself" he kissed her and left. Oriana sighed. What was wrong with Paulo?

Paulo in the meantime went to Evara's room and saw her playing with Shruti . He gulped. His heart raced with each second passing.

"Oh hi Paulo" she said. Paulo pretended to smile.

Shruti looked at Evara.

"Eva..you go to your Mumma for a while...I will play with you later" she said. Evara was an obidient child and she agreed and left.

Shruti looked at Paulo.

"Are you still thinking about that day?...we thought we cleared it out"  Shruti said.

"But..I did not do right with her..." Paulo answered. Shruti smiled again.

"It was a mistake Paulo...just keep your cool...come on" She tried to console him.

Paulo could not be consoled. Seeing Shruti's face he remembered that incident which he could never forget. Never...never ever.