Chapter 25: Doubts

Oriana was in the airport late for her flight. She was calling Paulo continuously. He was not picking up. She sighed. She knew something was up. She was going to check the weather of Madrid when there came his call. She took it immediately.

"Hola...how is she?" She asked. Paulo sighed. "She is crying like hell. The weather of Madrid was not at all good. We faced a severe turbulance." Paulo told her everything. Oriana knew something like that would happen.

"It was better if I took her with me" she said. This made Paulo crossed. "Are you crazy?...no I don't understand...why can't I take care of her? After all i am her father" he said.

"You don't stay with her every time right?...I do...I know how to deal with it." Oriana was going to continue but he hanged the call. She hated when he did this . She switched off her phone and then head out.

Paulo looked at Evara. "Shh...we are not in the flight anymore..." He rocked her and paced with her from one point to another. People came to take his autograph. He did not refuse but told them to wait for two minutes.

"Eva..my sweet Eva..see there are so many fans..wanna meet them?" He asked. She nodded timidly. Paulo sighed. He took her to his fans while he was signing everyone was pulling her cheeks. Evara liked if someone did that. She smiled. Paulo relaxed even more. The weather of Madrid became worse.

It started raining. Their training was cancelled. Paulo had sometime with Evara.

"Let's go to aunt Michelle's" he proposed. Evara nodded. "But I wanna talk to mumma" she said.

"Sure" Paulo rolled his eyes Oriana was the last person he wanted to talk to right now.

He called Oriana and gave it to Evara.

"Hola Mumma" she said. "Evara?..Como estas ? How are you? "

"I am fine Mumma...Papi showed me his fans...there were many girls...in there.." Evara said. Paulo chuckled he was listening to his daughter intently.

"Really...? Wow" was all her mother could come up with. "Mumma see you later we are going to Tia Michelle's house." She said.

Evara gave the phone to Paulo. He did not want to talk but had to. " Hola" he said.

" How is your training going? " She asked. "It was cancelled. Madrid is suffering heavy rainfall" he replied.

"Paulo just take care if her...she may have a nightmare regarding today's incident" Oriana said. "Yeah I will "

Paulo hanged the call again abruptly. Evara smiled at him. "Did mumma scold you for the girls?" She asked. Paulo glared at her.

"Aren't you getting too big? You are just three" Paulo ruffled her hair. Evara did not like it if someone did that. She frowned.

Michelle was playing with Evara. Paulo was attending a phone call. It was Oriana and Michelle could make out that they were quarrelling. Paulo left his phone and came to them.

"Hey how is it going?" He asked.

"Are you and Oriana fighting?" Michelle asked. Paulo looked at her with a 'How did you know?' expression.

"Why?" She asked again. "Is it my fault that I am too busy for my daughter? I can't give time to her?" Paulo asked her.

"No.."

"Then why is she questioning my fatherhood?" He looked really dejected. "It's been several times in these three years that you both fought about this matter Paulo. You both don't understand..."

"You both are the busiest parents Eva can get but it does not make you a parent for that. You need to succeed to provide her with all the comforts she needs...in that case you both are the best parents Eva can get. " Michelle stroked his cheek.

"Talk to her..."

Paulo decided he would talk to Oriana at night but he could not. Evara was having high fever and she was mumbling something in her dream. Paulo could not leave her side. Be did not want to inform Oriana as she would panic.

Meanwhile Oriana looked at herself in the mirror. At that time her mother entered her room.

She turned around to face her. "Mom I want to ask you something"

"Yes sweetie"

After having a talk with her Oriana was left wide eyed where as Catherine smiled.

"It's been three years baby...so I did this..."