Chapter 15: Shower

Shower

IT WAS THE DAY of the wedding rehearsal of Eloise's cousin, and she was fretting. She was fretting badly, and it showed in every move she made. Eloise wouldn't speak to Jude, her mind elsewhere even at the breakfast table. Jude, Jobe, and Elisa sat together, observing her unusual behavior.

"What's up with her?" Jude asked, frowning as Eloise picked at her food.

Elisa shrugged, trying to hide her smirk. "It's nothing." The older male would have surely believed Elisa if not for his girlfriend abruptly getting up from her seat stating that she isn't hungry and leaving the breakfast table. Precisely, Jude wasn't convinced. "Come on, Elisa. You know something."

Elisa's eyes sparkled with mischief. "You should be glad she's bringing you and Jobe along. Not everyone gets to be a plus-one at a Martinez wedding."

Jude rolled his eyes. "That doesn't explain why she's acting like this."

Elisa just smirked and continued eating, leaving Jude more confused. He pushed back his chair and stood up. "Fine. I'll go check on her."

Jobe glanced at Elisa. "You sure you don't want to tell him?"

Elisa shook her head. "Nope. Let him figure it out."

Jude walked back to their room, his mind racing. When he opened the door, his frown gave away as he smirked at the sight of Eloise in a robe. "Going for a shower?" he asked.

Eloise hummed in response, letting Jude in without a word. She entered the washroom, dropped her robe, and stepped into the shower. She rubbed her face, letting out a sigh when she felt someone run their fingers down her back in a swift motion. She drew in a sharp breath.

"Jude," she spoke almost like a warning, but Jude was having none of it. He inched closer to her, letting his abs press against her back as he moved her long blonde locks to one side, dipping his mouth to kiss her neck and layering it with his tongue.

"El, talk to me," Jude murmured against her skin, his breath hot and tantalizing.

"There's nothing to say," Eloise tried to deflect, but her voice wavered.

"Eloise," Jude paused his ministrations on her neck and turned her around slowly, his heart skipping a beat every time he looked into Eloise's stark blue eyes. "Talk to me, love." He caressed her face, and she closed her eyes, the water drenching them both.

"Remember when I said to your mother about how excited I was about the wedding?" Eloise took one step to open up, but Jude was more observant than she took him to be.

"You lied, I know." Eloise's breath spiked up for a moment at his words, but Jude kissed her cheek to assure her it was fine.

"My family is not like yours, Jude. They are not really welcoming, and considering the small amount of time we are together—"

"Are you unsure about me, El?" Jude asked softly, not a hint of impatience in his eyes. Eloise loved that about him. He was just 20 but had a lot of wisdom.

"No, no... of course not! I'm in love with you, Jude, and that is why I'm so scared that my family might hurt you, maybe not intentionally but yes," Eloise looked down, almost afraid of her own family.