Mike・Day 352

Summary: Mike counts and mentions the days to his Walkie until Eleven comes back, yet, on the other hand, you're counting and looking through something else.

Song: Hostage - by Billie Eilish

Mike POV

I sat there on the leathered couch in the basement, my head tilted to the back staring at the blank wooden ceiling as my fingers fidgeted with the material of my sweater. Nothing but thoughts of El ran through my head, I miss her so much and I want her back here with me physically.

A sigh escaped my lips as I moved my sight to the small fort I belt out of blankets for El when we found her in the woods that night. When we found her and flashed the flash lights over her I saw innocence in her eyes, that sent me the feeling of relief, or like some sort of connection between me and her, I've never felt towards any girl, especially those bratty girls at my school.

I look over at the walkie that lied on the pillows in the fort, I stood up from my sitting position on the couch and moved over to the fort.

Kneeling down I crossed my legs and sat inside the fort, I took hold of the walkie switching to the channel which I hope would reach El, "Hello El are you there? El? It's me. It's Mike. It's day 352, 8:50 p.m, I'm still here..." I spoke into the walkie, however all it did was let out static sounds. "If you're out there, please say something, or at least, give me a sign. I just wanna know if you're okay." I push the walkie closer to my ear hoping and expecting to hear something from El... Nothing just static sounds.

"So stupid." I muttered beneath my breath

Huffing I push down the antenna of the walkie and stood up to head to my bedroom.

Y/n POV

I was laying down on my bed, my arms crossed behind my head, nothing to do on this late night. My feet were shaking impatiently as I thought of him, Michael Wheeler, my best friend since kindergarten, I truly miss him, even though I can now just walk up to his door step and knock on his door. But no, it's not like that. I miss the strong bond we had, that may have caused me to fall for his kindness.

My vision moved to the pin board I had up on my wall which was full of pictures of me and the party but mostly me and Mike since he's the closest to me. Well not anymore, I guess.

Mike sort of changed when he lost El, he became more quiet, he stopped opening up to me like we used to, I feel like he doesn't want anything to do with me anymore.

I walked over to my closet, and reached over to the very bottom of it and grabbed the box that Mike and I put in many things that created memories between him and I since we were little kids till now. I hovered back to my bed and opened the old box.

Many memories bombarded my sight and mind. The Star Wars figures that him and I always liked playing with, Princess Leia and Yoda.

There was a Polaroid picture of me and Mike playing with our Star Wars figures in my backyard, when we were like six. There was also a sizable photo album full of pictures of me and Mike since we were younger.

Tears began to threaten to fall due to the nostalgic memories I'm receiving from the old box I've hidden under my closet for so long. However, I tried to sniff them away.

Moving deeper into the box, I reached to a very important object to me, it was a doll that Mike bought for me on my 5th birthday with a box of chocolate, which him and I differently ate within a second at the time. I always slept with the doll wrapped in my arms.

I pulled the cotton stuffed doll closer to my chest the same feeling hits me when I always hugged the doll.

I placed the doll back inside the box and everything else I took out and pushed it aside. Looking at the quite unreadable childish writing written on the cover of the box "Mikey and Y/n/n box!". I really miss the bond we had between us.

- Sad tingz 🤧 💗