Finn・Insecure

Summary: You were feeling insecure about your looks. Finn thinks of the simplest idea yet cutest to help you feel better.

Song: Surreal - by Louis Futon

FINN POV

Y/n didn't seem right in school today, she was quiet, she wasn't confident as she usually is. She didn't even sit with her group in lunch break, they told me that she was understanding something with her chemistry teacher, but I still had a feeling that there was something wrong and I hated seeing her like that.

Just after school was done, I went back home and lied on my bed scrolling through my phone, procrastinating about doing homework, I kept thinking about y/n and if she's alright.

I should prolly text her, and check on her.

I went to our messages and began typing.

Finn: Hey y/n, are you ok? You seemed quiet today in school. Is there anything you might wanna tell me?

I placed my phone down and waited for a reply as I decided to go to my desk and do some schoolwork.

---

UGH I CANT FOCUS!- *ding*

I look over my phone that was placed on my bed sheets, as the screen lit up revealing the green icon of the app messages.

My legs sprinted towards my phone as I saw a reply from the one and only, y/n.

Y/n/n💞: Hey Finnie. Yeah I'm fine, I guess. I've just been having this war between myself and I, bout my physical appearance, and it just brings me down.

Y/n/n💞: Thanks for asking tho that's really sweet of you❤️

I clicked the messages to reply back.

Finn: What's wrong? What has been on your mind?

Y/n/n💞: Idk Finn, I've been feeling insecure lately, like I've been feeling ugly

Finn: Hey, listen, no matter what that small squeaking voice in your head is telling you about your looks, it's completely wrong. You're extremely pretty. And I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks that, but whoever comes across you must be fascinated by you.

I really didn't like the way on how y/n felt insecure about herself, she's extremely gorgeous, she's prolly having another episode, and I need to find a way to make her feel better, not through text though, cause I hate seeing my other half like this.

Y/n/n💞: I appreciate your help Finn, but I think I just have to go on with it, I mean I can't change something that I can't control :/

Ok no y/n I need to find a solution for you to get you back to your happy state. I sat there on my bed thinking, till an idea popped in my head.

Finn: Meet me at the hill in front of the park.

Y/n/n💞: What?

Finn: Meet me at the hill that is in front of the park in 10.

Y/n/n💞: Okayy?

I moved off of my bed and rushly wore my vans on. I grabbed my car key and ran out of the house quickly. I sat down on the leathered seats of my car, I slide the key inside its key whole in the car and started the engine.

Parking my car in the nearest parking close to the mountain that was in front of the park and waiting for y/n's arrival.

10 mins have passed and I see y/n's car pull up, I get off of my car and went to y/n, "Hey y/n/n." I smile and hug her, "Hey Finn. Sooo why'd you ask me to come here?" she asked confusedly pulling away from the hug.

"I was thinking we should hike, get some fresh air and enjoy nature." I held her hand and started walking up the green mountain. "Hm." she shrugs and walks with me.

---

Y/n and I are now half way up the mountain and we were really enjoying ourselves, it was great to see her smile again, her smile her made me soft, it places a smile on my face unconsciously.

Now that we are on the top of the mountain, the view was incredible, I pulled my phone from my pocket and opened my phone's camera, y/n was walking ahead of me, she looked beautiful. I started the video while y/n not knowing, "Y/n." I call her name, she does a little twirl in order to face me, while smiling and flipping her hair off of her face smoothly due to the calm breeze that was blowing.

I stopped the video when she figured I was filming and whined out my name and laughed, which was adorable!

We continued hiking down the mountain to go to our cars when the sun started setting, but of course after watching the sun set.

"Thank you Finn for today, you really helped me get things off of my head and feel better." Y/n sent me a soft smile and bought me into a warm embrace. "Anytime y/n/n." I hugged her back.

We both waved goodbye and headed to our houses. When I reached my house, I went up to my room and started working on y/n's video that I filmed on the mountain. I placed a song over the video in order to match y/n's action and to cover up our voices in the video.

I concluded the edit and decided to post it on instagram with the caption: "My best friend was feeling bad about her looks today, I think that she's beautiful ❤️"

A couple minutes later y/n comments on the video I made her saying, "I love you Finn❤️would never ask for another best friend😚💞"

- This was based of a tweet I saw on twitter :)