Mike・Panic

Summary: You were out with the party, you feel left out, a wave of panic washed over you

Song: Waves - by Dean Lewis (Acoustic)

The AV Club and I agreed on hanging out today at Starcourt Mall.

I got ready and put on a simple outfit. I asked my mom if I can borrow some money since I'm brOke. She gave me a couple of dollars, I thanked her and headed out.

My older brother James dropped me off at the mall. 

I'm waiting now patiently for the party to arrive.

I see a car pull up in front of the entrance and it was Mrs. Karen Wheeler's car which contained the party in it. I wave and greeted the party.

We stepped inside StarCourt Mall, my jaw dropped, it was a new mall here in Hawkins, it was huge! It was packed by a lot of people. 

"So guys, where do you wanna head first?" Max asks.

"Well, I dunno bout y'all fellas but I'm hungry!" I say placing my hand on my stomach rubbing it in a circular motion, causing them to giggle.

"I'm hungry as well!" El says raising her hand up.

"Same here!" Will spoke chuckling.

"Welp. If most of you guys are hungry, why don't we just eat first and then take a look around the mall?" Mike suggests.

"Sure. Sounds good." Max shrugs.

"Where should we eat though?" Lucas questioned.

"I heard about this new Ice Cream parlor here called Ahoy?" Dustin requested.

"Eat Ice cream? For lunch? C'mon Dustin we want food, like actual food." Lucas whines.

"Honestly I'm down for Ice cream." I say.

"Yeah me too." Max and El say.

"Ok then, Ahoy it is!" Dustin says in an accent putting his index finger in the air and pointing at the parlor.

We sat down on the parlor's chairs and got comfortable.

(Sitting arrangement)

| Max | Lucas | Dustin

[            Table             ] | Y/n |

| Will | Eleven | Mike

I grab the menu and looked at the displayed different flavors of ice cream, I eventually chose a sundae.

"Hello, what can I get for all of ya today?" The blonde waitress asked, holding her small note pad and pen in her hand. We all gave in our orders and waited till they'll be served to us.

The party was talking about random things and I'm just listening, I didn't really wanted to speak, I was worried to for some reason. I tried to speak and join the talk with them but words won't come out. What's wrong with me? I would usually cooperate and socialize with the party. This is unusual.

I had this hard lump in my throat that won't go away, no matter how much I try to swallow it.

I look around and feel self conscious, my palms began to sweat, my fingers fidgeting with my shirt's fabric. I felt like the walls were closing in. The air becoming thick and humid, it's beginning to be hard for me to breath, I was hyperventilating. I felt pressure on my lungs, as if someone placed kilos of rocks on them. My legs were bobbing up and down rapidly. 

My friend's voices and conversation were unclear, I couldn't understand what they were talking about, I can't tell if I'm even in their bubble. I sense the feeling of being left out. As my vision was getting blurry, tears were intimidating to slip down, however I tried to hold them back.

I need to get out of this situation, right. now.

"Uh, sorry, guys, but I-I need to use the restroom." I excused myself and instantly ran to the bathroom.

MIKE POV

Y/n wasn't acting normal today, after we entered Ahoy, she looked nervous. 

She was sitting diagonally to me, she wasn't interacting in our conversations, she stayed quiet the whole time and that made me wonder why. If she was ok, or if anything happen to her before she came here?

The party was talking until y/n sat up and excused herself to go to the restroom, everyone excused her and she ran off to the bathroom. 

She didn't seem alright at all, she looked like she was stressed, like she was anxious. I need to know what's wrong with her. I excused myself and ran after y/n.

Y/N POV

I kept walking expecting to end up at a restroom or something, but I didn't see where I was going due to the blurry vision I had caused by the tears.

I saw a bathroom sign and begin to head to it's way, till I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, rotating me around, It was just Mike. for a second I thought I was going to get kidnapped for God's sake.

"What's wrong y/n? Why are you crying?" Mike asked worry filled his eyes.

"I'm ok, Mike, thank you." I avoid his questions and attempt to turn around, except he turns me back around to face him.

"No y/n. You are not ok, I can tell. You are crying and you look anxious. Please tell me what's wrong?"

I faced the ground allowing more tears to fall.

"Please tell me y/n. I hate seeing you like this." Mike says putting both of his hands on my shoulders.

"I-I just felt that rush of panic in me." I look up.

"Wh-why." 

"I don't know Mike. I felt like I don't fit in with the party, like I'm isolated." I speak avoiding eye contact.

"Y/n you fit in just perfectly, you have a great personality, I repeat, you have a great personality, y/n. You're an amazing person and you will always be our best friend, we love you. We hate seeing you in discomfort or sad." Mike comforts me.

"T-thank you Mike." I say softly, beaming and sniffing from the amount of tears I let out.

"Of course, I'm always here for you, no matter what." Mike says bringing me into a warm embrace.

- This's crap y'all 🥴💩