"interesting life. " the old man said flipping through the rest of the pages without even reading them but was cut off with a cough. Sighing Richard walked up closer to his father handing him a glass of water and taking the files away from him.

"you should take rest. " he said while the old man just laughed. "I may be old but you're not yet fully grown. I have a lot of teach you son." this statement somehow hurt the back haired boys feelings.

He was 24, already ready to take over the empire that his father had built but for some reason his father never was willing to let go.
"I'm grown enough, you're too old to see it father. " he said as he emphasising on the word Father.

"oh are you? Then tell me what's wrong my boy. What's wrong with this little file that you have here?" he asked pushing the folder towards Richard while he just stood there looking at the folder confused.

"I don't understand." said the boy as he took out the files and started rereading the details of the girl that was suppose to be dead.

"Don't forget who your enemy is boy." with that said Mr. Miller patted the back of his son as he left the room but not before he gave one last piece of advice to his son,

"take your own time, don't rush. "

Richard stood there watching his father leave then looked back at the papers which were suppose to give him a clue. What clue? Only Gus father knew that.

Hours passed as skimmed through the papers reading the same details over and over again. He then took the picture in his hands.
"Olivine Richman." he started. "what is it about you? First you get Nicholas Green wrapped around your finger, now you get my dad interested in you? " he mumbled squinting his eyes at the picture trying to recognize what his father had been talking about but failed with a sound groan coming out of his mouth as he stood up from the chair.

" I wish you could talk clearly for once dad. Anyway, we should live in the present, not our future. And my present is Nicholas Green." with that said Richard walked towards the table with liquor bottles. Pouring down liquor in a glass he took out the phone that was buzzing in his pocket.

"What do you want? " Richard sighed in the phone and turned around to see he was already alone. 'they must've left while I was busy', he thought.

"now now, is that a way to talk to your sister, big brother. " on hearing this Richard almost choked. "I'm not your brother you scum. Why are you calling me? " he spat out in the phone taking a sip and letting the liquor burn down his throat as his face scrunched up.

"aw, I love you too big brother now, how's my favorite daddy? " hearing that voice made Richard feel weird. It was a truth that no one in the Miller family ever acknowledged. She was the truth that everyone wanted to forget, everyone but Richard.

"don't call him that! It feels weird. For your kindest information your father is still alive, unfortunately. Now why did you call?" he said looking around the room making sure no one was listening. His eyes fell on the camera as he spoke which he had fortunately installed without a microphone.

"nothing much, just checking up on you, you know, like a good sister. Also, C-Rich was very happy when you called Nicholas up. Good job, as he is happy, we're thinking of killing our dad. You're in? "she said as if it was the easiest thing in the world making Richard laugh. "first, why is C-Rich happy? That boy and his teams turned out to be unloyal to him and did come to me to deliver shit, second kill our father? You think it's that easy? "he asked taking another sip as he said sat down on the couch relaxing.

"you know C-Rich... He's complicated, all I know now us that Nicholas Green now owes him, so he's pretty much in deep shit, now lets move on from that and get to your dad, I know it's not, but if you want to be safe and alive, you should be in on the plan too otherwise C-Rich will finish you and your empire both. " a deep frown formed on Richard's face as he sighed. C-Rich was the most powerful after all. If he wanted he could've ended them any second, specially when he has his parted by his side.

Yet, he kept them alive. C-Rich was crazy, he had a way of doing things and Richard knew it. He always felt the taunt when his sister would call him just to remind him how helpless they were, how in a minute, everything they had could go away.

Richard had tried, he had tried his best to convince his father to form an alliance with C-Rich, just like every other bug dealer in the country had. This alliance kept them safe, kept them alive, breathing.

But old and arrogant Mr. Miller always had other plans.

"yeah, tell C-Rich I'm in. But once he's dead..."

"you will be the part of the alliance with you being the leader of your own dealership." Richard nodded thinking back about how his father had always been there. Always.

But never as his father. He had always been there as an abuser, a pedophile. He thought back on all the times when he heard his mother scream, to the times when his father made himself scream.
Richard did love him. Of course. But only a few times. Those few times were when his father would go out of town leaving the house to himself.

"but I have some things to take care of before that. " Richard said walking towards the liquor bottles to fill himself another glass.

"yeah, we'll have to talk about this whole thing soon. Don't worry my brother from another mother, I'll protect you. "

"haha funny my sister from another mother. I'm the older one here. "Richard said smiling a little as he heard the familiar sigh from the other side of the call.

"well, I'm the more powerful one, and I always will be." Richard scroffed at this making his sister from another mother laugh a bit before they said their goodbyes in the same cold way the always do.

"Richard. "

"Audrey. "