37. Terrance, Please Forgive Me.

Esther's POV

"Easy, Easy." I mumbled helping Terrance lay on our bed as he groaned in pain.

Yup, Terrance got discharged. The doctor had prescribed medicines for him and even during the time he was writing the prescriptions, he was sweating. I guess I shouldn't have made him too much afraid of me.

"Where are you going?" He whined when I got out of the bed.

"Oh, I'm just gonna get you some soup." I replied and he groaned.

I left and went downstairs to the kitchen and when I got there, Nina and Jamila were already there. Jamila approached me with a tray of chicken soup I had made ealier and I was grateful I hadn't drank it.

"Thanks guys." I smiled.

"What are you thanking us for? We're besties." Jam said and I chuckled and walked out of the kitchen back to our room.

When I entered, I smiled and helped him sit upright to feed him. So I filled the spoon with the soup and brought it to his mouth while he looked intently at me.

"Come on, open up." I smiled. He slowly opened his mouth and the soup went it. Silence evaded till he finished up all the soup and I felt happy.

I handed him a glass of water on the tray and he drank it, still looking at me with an unknown emotion on his face.

"Um.. I think you should sleep." I said placing the empty bowl away.

"Yeah." He sighed, gripped my wrist and pulled me to him.

"Um baby..''

"Shhh." He placed his finger on my lips and encircled his arm around my back. I placed my hand on his chest whiles he placed his chin on my head.

"Esther." He called my name in an emotionless tone.

"Yeah?" I replied when he gently stroked my skin leaving goose bumps on it.

"Is there anything you're hiding from me?" He asked and I froze. I didn't feel brave enough to tell anything to Terrance. It wasn't because I didn't trust him, it was because I feared he might think I was criminal. He would probably dump me.

"Esther?" He called again shaking me slightly.

"Um..yes?" I replied drawing circles on his chest.

"Is there anything you're hiding from me?" He repeated.

How about..yes my nakedness?

Bitch that's stupid.

"Um..no." I lied biting my bottom lip.

"Esther, are you sure?" He inquired again slightly bobbing his head down like what my dad does when he asks me whether I stole something.

No.

"Is someone after you?" He asked and my blood boiled in fear.

Yes.

"N..no." I replied and he lifted his chin from my head. He raised my head by my chin making my gaze meet his. I gulped wishing he wouldn't see through my eyes to find any lies.

"You can trust me okay?" His deep voice said lowly and he placed a sweet kiss on my lips. He held my hand on his chest and he dragged it to his cheek and I kissed him back feeling his tongue roll into my mouth and swiping through every corner.

We pulled away but he held his gaze with mine as he and licked his lips. His eyes looked so innocent and I felt bad I lied to him.

"My beautiful wife." He grinned and I gave him a half fake smile and I half real smile.