Decisions

Ruben was annoyed. Like most times, he got furious as soon as he saw Adrien, making him completely forget the happiness he felt when he saw Eleonore.

Why was Adrien there? He didn't care. He just wanted to punch his face out. As he stomped to his ex-friend, he readily clenched his hands into fists. What got him more annoyed is seeing Adrien's face not being so worried. He always did have that smug expression.

As Unako, Alex and Mia noticed the tension, they went to the side, having their own goodbye session.

As he went to punch him in one swift moment, he got surprised when Adrien dodged it very easily. He pushed him to the ground, making Ruben very surprised, yet also very angry.

"I was expecting it this time, Ruben." Adrien offered him a hand to pull him up.

"What the hell are you doing here, Marais!?" Ruben yelled out, getting up himself, completely ready to try and punch him again.

"We came to say goodbye." Eleonore spoke up, looking up at him.

He got surprised. Angry once more. This couldn't be her choice.

"This has something to do with you!" He went after Adrien once again, but he stopped himself once he heard Eleonore again.

"Ruben, this is my own choice." She put a hand on his shoulder, making him cool down.

Everyone did know he had a soft spot for Eleonore. The odd ways she'd calm him down were magnificent.

"You... You remember me?" He asked in an almost hurt tone, hurt that she was making this decision consciously.

When she heard his voice, she hugged him, as if she only now remembered how close she was to him. One would expect a tight hug from him, but the one he gave her was a soft one, barely even felt. He didn't know why he felt like crying and like he was losing something all over again.

"I thought you were dead for so long, why don't you want to be with us?" Ruben's voice was shaky, not knowing what went wrong.

If she remembered, why didn't she join them already? What happened?

"I love him. I want to be with the one I love." Eleonore told him, looking at Adrien happily, who seemed shocked at such a casual confession of love.

He clenched his fists again. He didn't know why he couldn't accept this. He stared down at Adrien with his rageful neon eyes. He clenched his fists once more, getting ready to punch him again, not believing what was happening. He felt something small hold his hand. He looked down at Lovisa, who almost seemed like she was giving him a begging look.

"We can't change her mind, Ruben. We need to go seperate ways." Even she looked pained at the thought, but at least she accepted it.

Her holding his much bigger hand made him less stiff, he didn't want to hurt her. He tried to cool down, but it was hard to do. He was a horrible husband before, he didn't understand what changed. What made her so connected again. Adrien looked the same, gave off the same vibe. To think that he used to like the man...

"I won't hurt her anymore, I promise." Adrien told Ruben.

Ruben looked at him in shock. He was left entirely speechless. This sounded odd and new from him. Not to mention that he sounded genuine when he said it. His throat tightened. He didn't want to give him more chances.

"You're hard to trust, Marais." Ruben could only tell him, feeling nervous.

He looked at Eleonore for a long time.

"Elle, I don't want to leave you, I don't want you to think I'm giving up, tell me if you want me to do something." He told her sternly, wanting to make sure of everything.

"You're not leaving me." She laughed a little bit, hitting his arm lightly.

"You're just respecting my decision, even if it hurts. Just like I respect yours. I'd rather if you guys stayed, but I know you won't listen." She told him with understanding.

Stayed... He looked at Lovisa, who seemed like she was expecting something like this from him. It almost looked like she was hurt that she was rethinking this. All he ever did was for Eleonore, if she wasn't going with them, he didn't quite see the point in going anyway.

"I can protect Eleonore by myself, don't worry." Adrien stated confidently, sure of his abilites after she remembered and still stayed with him.

"Well, you always were arrogant... But for a reason." Ruben confessed barely, hating that he indeed was the most competent from the four of them.

"Besides... Who'll protect Lovisa if you leave?" Adrien gave a small smile to her.

She looked embarrassed and uncomfortable, like she didn't want to be pointed out like that. She wanted him to do what he wanted, not to be guilt tripped into it.

"She just looks incompetent, we both know that." Ruben stated firmly, protecting his friend.

"I'm not saying that to be offensive. But she isn't as strong as she seems. She needs care too." Adrien told the both of them, smiling oddly warmly.

Now all four of them felt bad. He sounded like his old self and it seemed so nostalgic. The warm and kind Adrien that took care of the group. Even Ruben, who was suspicious the entire time, felt guilty for not trusting him so much. They didn't know what or who had such an effect on him, but he seemed to be going down into his core. Even Lovisa felt like he was her old best friend that could understand her the most. It all felt like they finally got back something that was ruined, and now it'll get ruined even more.

"You're right. Ah, who am I kidding, you're always right." Ruben laughed, loosening up his tensions.

"Not always." Eleonore poked Adrien, making fun of him.

"A few lies won't hurt anyone, right, dear?" Adrien questioned, very happy with the title of 'always right'.

Meanwhile, there was also a goodbye session going on, just far less happy.