Chapter 5 Part 6 - Diner

A/N - I own everything in this story and I tried my best to make it historically accurate, but no promises though, as I might have to look up websites and such to make sure it's accurate since I forgot nearly everything I learnt in my old history class as I only remember the most important parts, but not the minor details. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

The two women enters a diner where they see a few people eating some fast foods; commonly burgers, a fizzy drink and chips. They sit down on a empty table and relax themselves.
"..." Janet sighed and shakes her head, "I am really tired of all this, honestly..."
"... Same..." Dorothy replied. "I wish my family was normal and not horrible people,"
"Yeah, at least I have loving parents," Janet commented.

A black waitress arrives to their table and takes out her note.
"Hello, is there anything you wish to order?" The waitress asked them.
"Just black coffee, chips and a hamburger please," Janet answered.
"A cheeseburger, chips and cappuccino," Dorothy answered.
"Right away," The waitress replied as she takes her leave.

"So, where were we?" Janet asked.
"That my family sucks," Dorothy replied.
"Oh! That's right!" Janet remembered, "Honestly, I have very good parents who I love dearly, but... I still didn't have much of a happy childhood,"
"What do you mean?" Dorothy asked.
"... I was raised in a poor and crime-wasted neighbourhood," Janet told her, "So, everyday of my life, I was always told to be weary of the neighbours and be on constant guard, even at home during night since anybody can break in and such, as it happened before,"
"That's... awful..." Dorothy commented.

Janet sighs and nods, "Yep. That's why I quickly moved out, but I was homeless for a bit until... I was hired by a coworker of your father,"
"Ah!" Dorothy gasped.
"Yeah. I knew he's a dirtbag, but I was really desperate for money at the time that I didn't care," Janet explained, "Naturally, I was exploited and didn't receive a lot of money, so I have to save a ton and spend it on low quality foods,"
"I'm... so sorry..." Dorothy apologised to her.
"Relax, it's no big deal, what's done is done," Janet ensured her, "Besides, you have nothing to do with this and I was able to afford rent as well as slightly better quality of foods. It's not much, but it's better then nothing,"
"... I guess..."

The waitress arrives back to their table with plates of their ordered foods. She puts them on the plates and says, "Enjoy your foods,"

The waitress leaves while Janet grins at the foods the two ordered. She picks the hamburger and says, "Let's begin!"
"Y-Yeah!" Dorothy agreed.

The wealthy woman eats her burger alongside with her family's employee and starts enjoying the meal.

A/N - I have a bit of an important note. Since I'm on vacation now, meaning I'm not going to update anything for a month. So, in order to fix this problem where you guys still get content while I can relax. I decide to update every two weeks just for this month and the first week of August.

So, for this story, there will be updates on the 20th and the 3rd of August. On the 5th of August and from then, everything will be back to the normal schedule.

I hope you guys enjoyed this and if you did, leave a comment and have a good day, my guild. Aqua out!