Chapter 4 Part 1 - Secret out...

A/N - I own everything in this story and I tried my best to make it historically accurate, but no promises though, as I might have to look up websites and such to make sure it's accurate since I forgot nearly everything I learnt in my old history class as I only remember the most important parts, but not the minor details. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

Dorothy opens the door of her mansion and sees her younger sister, Sheila, waiting for her in front of her.
"S-Sheila!" Dorothy said, "You okay?!"
"Yea, I'm fine," Sheila replied, "But... you look worried, are you okay?"
"...C-Can I talk to you in my room?" Dorothy asked.
"Oh! Of course," Sheila replied.

The two sisters walk upstairs, which they see their father, Robert, who is crossing his arms and raising his eyebrow.
"F-Father!" The two women yelled in shock.
"... Dorothy, where were you?" Robert asked harshly, "You should be spending time with your fiance, not hanging out with those lower classes, especially those n***ers!"
"S-Sorry father..." Dorothy replied to him.
"Good," Robert said, "Same goes to you, Sheila!"
"...Yes, father..." Sheila replied.
"..." Robert walks away and went downstairs.

Dorothy and Sheila sigh and continue to go to Dorthy's room. The blonde woman locks the door and takes a deep breath.
"Well, you gonna tell me?" Sheila asked.
"... Promise you don't tell anybody about this, especially Rebecca!" Dorothy begged her.
"Okay, I will," Sheila promised.
"Promise?!"
"Yes!" Sheila said, "Now, can you tell me?!"
"Fine!" Dorothy replied, "There's... this guy I been seeing for three months..."
"...You're having an affair?!" Sheila gasped in shock.
"Okay, first, we were friends... at least... I thought he was..." Dorothy said.
"Huh?"
"He... kissed me," Dorothy told her, making her gasps again.
"Are you bloody serious?!" Sheila asked in shock.
"Yes, and now... well, there are three problems," Dorothy said.
"One being James," Sheila said.
"Yep," Dorothy agreed, "The other two... is that he's poor..."
"Oh no..." Sheila muttered.
"... And he's black..." Dorothy said.
"DOUBLE OH NO!!!" Sheila screamed, "Are you insane?! Don't you realise interracial relationship is illegal!?"
"I know!" Dorothy replied, "It's just... he's so handsome, charming and polite... not like that James rascal, who maybe handsome, but he's far from gentleman,"
"Yeah... what about our parents?" Sheila asked, "They would freak out if they found out that you kissed a poor, black man!"
"I know!" Dorothy said, "That's why I told you. I know I can trust you!"
"... Wow... thanks..." Sheila thanked her with a bit of a blush, "But still, what are you gonna do, especially since you're gonna marry James?"
"... I... I'll figure out," Dorothy said, "Besides, I have a year of planning, so I have time,"
"I hope so..." Sheila said, "You know... if you said no at the wedding, you'll get disowned, right?"
"... I know..." Dorothy said.
"... Besides, now you have to choose," Sheila warned her, "Either be with that black guy you really like, but risk getting disowned... or marry that villain and stay in the family...?"
"..."
"Sorry, Dorothy," Sheila said, "But it's true,"
"I know..." Dorothy said, "But, thanks for the warning,"
"You welcome," Sheila replied, "I-I got to go to my bed,"
"Okay, bye," Dorothy replied.

Sheila opens the door and leaves while Dorothy looks down on the ground and sighs.
"... What am I suppose to do...?" Dorothy mumbled.

A/N - I hope you guys enjoyed this part and if you did, leave a comment and have a good day, my guild. Aqua out!