Chapter 2 part 1 - Coming Home

A/N - I own everything in this story and I tried my best to make it historically accurate, but no promises though, as I might have to look up websites and such to make sure it's accurate since I forgot nearly everything I learnt in my old history class as I only remember the most important parts, but not the minor details. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

(Later)

Dorothy and George walks through the night while discussing many topics.
"Wow... I always thought white people have it easier then us blacks," George admitted.
"Well... White men would be more accurate, us white women have some problems," Dorothy admitted, "Worse for married women... where we have to submit to the husbands to do anything they want us to do... even if we don't want to..."
"... That is... very cruel..." George said, "It sort of reminds me of my mother's situation, except a bit worse..."
"What happen?" Dorothy asked.
"... I... I don't feel comfortable talking about it... sorry..." George told her.
"It's okay... its only natural that you don't want to talk about something super personal to someone you just met recently," Dorothy told him, "So... take some time,"
"... Thank you... I wish more white people are more like you," George replied to her, "Then... maybe... just maybe the world would be a better place..."
"... Perhaps..." Dorothy replied.
"Oh, there's my home," George said as he walks up to his home, "Well... you want to go out again?"

"I would love to," Dorothy said, "Same place?"
"... Mmm... well... I was hoping to walk around Manhattan, to give a better view of the city," George told her, "So, meet me here, okay?"
"Got it!" Dorothy said.
"Oh, and do you want me to take you home?"
"No, I can just find a phone booth and call Janet to pick me up," Dorothy told him.
"Okay... just be careful, alright..." George warned her, "New York City is very dangerous out at night,"
"Everywhere at night is dangerous," Dorothy told him. "Some places are more dangerous then others, but nowhere in this planet is danger-proof,"
"... Good point, you're right," George replied, "Well, good bye,"

"Bye," Dorothy replied as she leaves and walks away, which George was about to enter his home, but stops as he turns a bit and watches her walking to a phone booth.
"... I should follow her to make sure she's safe..." George thought as he slowly starts following her, "She's a foreigner, meaning she's completely defenceless and lost... any monster could easily harm her... or worse... I... I can't let her become like my mother..."

(Flashback)

George, who's a little younger, sees a hospitalised black woman with her forehead and head completely bandaged, no hint of any hair on her, wrinkles on her face and then, when she turns around. Her brown eyes are so cold and dead that you could easily mistaken her as a corpse...
"..." The woman didn't say anything and instead, just stares at him. 

(Flashback ends)

"... Not like mother..." George thought as he starts following Dorothy stealthily out of concern for her safety.

A/N - That's the end of this part. I hope you guys enjoyed it and if you did, leave a comment and have a good day, my guild. Aqua out!