Nerd and I

Julia Morado & Marck Espejo

Yeah, how annoying it is! Jia's mind shouted after her friend set her up on a date with a guy that she hated so much. She accepted the date because if not, then she will get teased over him for the rest of her College Life. Weird right? Her friends, are crazy-minded people. Her annoyance led her to get distracted in her following classes that she repeatedly wrote on a sheet of paper, some reasons why she hates Marck Espejo, the Ateneo Nerd.

1. He's a freaking Nerd.

2. He's freaking annoying.

3. His presence completely ruins my day.

4. He's not my type.

5. He is a super Perfectionist. Like, friggin much.

Jia puts down her pen in a lazy manner and slacks off for the rest of her last class instead of paying attention. At the end of her class, she drastically walks off until she bumped into someone. The person help her pick up the books that fell and the two stopped then stared at each other for a few seconds, until Jia slapped the person with her Chemistry book.

.

.

"You!" She pointed her finger at his face and looked devilishly at him. Yes, it was Marck. He didn't say anything but look apologetically at her. "Okay sana kung hindi ikaw ang bumangga kaso ikaw! Alam mo ang tanga mo talaga kahit kailan!" She continued while gritting her teeth. Sobrang pressured na ako sa Date na 'yan tapos mangbabangga pa siya!

"I-I'm sorry. I was on a hurr-" Marck was cut off when Jia walked off from the scene. He looked around with embarrassment while people stared at him, secretly giggling. He then stormed off to avoid getting mock for the nth time.

.

.

"Mich, I can't do this. Jia doesn't like me and I don't like her." He said while looking away. "We are a terrible match. Ano ba ang pumasok sa mga utak niyo at kay Jia pa?" He annoyingly asked.

"Bagay naman kayo." Mich blurted out laughing. Yet, she was serious about that. Ilang beses na niyang sinasabi 'yan sa dalawa and she's so positive about that Date they set up for them.

"Hindi nga kami bagay." Marck insisted then scratched his head. With that smile he is receiving from Mich, he knew that no excuse will change her decision. Okay, Marck. You're going with her. "Oo na."

"Good. Kaming bahala sa susuotin mo. You have to be good for this Date."

"How good?"

"Good enough to impress her."

"Kailangan talaga ma-impress ko siya? Ganun?" He asked while laughing.

"Cheap ka daw para sa kanya, kaya nandito kami to prove that you are not what she thinks you are." Mich said and he smiled a little. "O, game? Sunday ang Date niyo, tomorrow na tayo maghanap ng susuotin mo."

"Sabi mo 'yan, game." He agreed. Bahala na.

.

.

Sunday, and Jia is still reluctant on going to that Date. Kung pwede daw ba kamo takasan, nag-plano na sana siya kaso ayaw niya din maging bastos tignan kay Marck. She fixed herself and hoped for the best before stepping into her car and driving off the village. She reached the Restaurant just an hour before the appointed time and found a seat for two that was reserved.

Minutes later, Marck arrived and both were silent. He gave her a small smile and Jia just... nodded. He sat on the other side and stared at her. Maganda parin kahit masungit. He thought and smiled. Meanwhile, Jia raised her brow.