What We Could Have Been

Fille Cainglet and Justic Tec

Kaway! FilleTec lovers! Nalulungkot ako pag naalala ko sila, define sayang... Right? No hate against Lino. :)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na-imagine ko na siya, wearing that white wedding dress and I can imagine her walking down the aisle to the man she loves. Her sweet smile, bright eyes, and her feeling of happines. Happiness of finally marrying the one that she loves.

But it's not me.

It wrecks my heart, very badly.

The day when we ended things off, I was hoping that she'd change her mind sooner or later but she didn't. Before we broke up, things weren't going our way anymore. We start having serious fights that frequently ends in cool off, but we patch up after. Actually, we had a cool off before ending things, the cool off was expected but the break up was definitely not. She initiated, I thought she was joking around until her tears fell... That's when I knew.

She told me it's over. She told me that she had enough. She got tired. She fell out of love.

I only stood in front of her, speechless. I was holding a box, small box. Yes, I was supposed to propose to her that day and it tore me apart. I showed her the box, hoping that she might change but she rejected in turn. I looked into her eyes, I cannot see myself through her eyes anymore. I looked down and said okay, she apologized to me then she walked away and left me standing inside the chapel. There, I grieved and kept crying until I got tired. I looked at Him and asked, "Why me? What have I done wrong? I love her for five long years already, and she threw it away. Am I not allowed to have my own happy ending? Am I supposed to suffer? What?" A lot of questions formed in my mind, I stayed inside the chapel for a few more hours before going home.

Months later, a news surfaced that Fille is getting married in December 27.

Exactly a day from now.

My heart broke again, I just read the news earlier today. Yung babaeng sobrang espesyal sa buhay ko, ikakasal na sa iba bukas. Ang sakit, as if someone splashed cold and hot water on me. I have no idea about what to do, our friends called and they were sad too but they don't hate Lino. We know that Lino loves Fille, and I would kill if he doesn't take care of her.

Fille Cainglet calling...

"Hello?" I said, it's surprising that she called.

"H-Hi." She stuttered, "You know already, right?" She asked and laughed a bit.

"I did." I composed myself to prevent my tears from falling, "C-Congrats." I'm supposed to be happy because she has found someone who'll marry her but a part of me says that I'm supposed to be that man.

"Thanks. Uhm... How are you?"

"On the verge of moving on, I think..."

"Oh." Then all went silent, there seems to be something with her voice. She doesn't look happy when she has too. Ano ba! Wag ka na umasa!

"Fille... I-I have to go, may gagawin pa kasi ako." Truth is, I want to end the call dahil baka mamaya ay umiyak ako ng wala sa oras. Even if I bawl in tears, nothing will happen. Wala na akong babalikan pa.

"Me too, good bye."

I took a deep breath and placed my phone on the table. I closed my eyes to sleep, to help clear my thoughts.

I woke up and realized it's the 27th, it really took me long to wake up. I sat up and checked my Twitter accounts, everyone's tweeting #LinoFille with a sentence to say regarding their wedding. Now I can't help my tears from falling while reading, the fact that it's still 6 in the morning. Damn heart!