Pandak Is Love [In Your Eyes Side Story]

Ella De Jesus and Mae Tajima

One Shot/Side Story of In Your Eyes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks after Aly and Den finally became official, Ella noticed Mae distancing herself. She tries to approach her but was shy enough. Ella didn't know what to do, neither did she know the reason why Mae suddenly became cold.

"Besh, bakit ganyan ang mukha mo?" Alyssa asked when she saw Ella's face while they watched TV.

"Si Mae kasi, umiiwas." Ella said with sadness, "Nahihiya naman akong kumausap."

"Baka busy lang." Alyssa said although she knew why Mae is avoiding her.

"Ilang araw na 'yun! Tsaka wala naman siyang gagawing importante kundi mag-aral, mag-training, gumala..." Ella mentally gasped while speaking. She has never been this worried, the usually happy-go-lucky girl suddenly felt like she is in the dead end. "Ngayon lang ako naging ganito, ayoko ng may lumalayo. Pakiramdam ko meron akong ginawang mali."

"'Wag mo na intindihin, kakausapin ka rin nun."

Ella rests her head on the chair while thinking about Mae. Bakit ka ba ganyan, Mae? Bakit mo ako pinagalala ng ganito? She thought.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Days passed and Mae still avoids Ella, but she secretly stalks Ella and Jovee whenever they go out. Kahit pa masakit sa kanya ay gusto niya makita kung paano maging sweet si Jovee sa kanya, kung paano siya nililigawan at kung paano ang ugali ni Ella pag si Jovee ang kasama. Alyssa already warned her several times but she refused to listen and said it's fine to get hurt by the one you love.

"Mae!" Ella calls when she saw Mae walking to the Oval, the latter immediately scoots out before Ella could get near to her. She gasped in frustration and also walks out until she bumps into Tasha, "Sa Oval ka pupunta?" She asked.

"Hinanap mo si Mae?" Tasha returns the question and Ella nods, "Usually, pumupunta 'yan sa Library para magpalamig kasama sina Jho."

"Thanks, Tasha! Una na ako." Ella said and they hug before she left.

Tasha was right, Ella saw Mae sitting with the Rookies while they read books. Ella didn't hesitate to stand longer and she approaches Mae, the latter looks surprised and transfers her sight to the others before looking at her.

"Uhm, hiramin ko muna si Mae." Ella said and the four nod their heads. Before Mae could stand up, Ella holds her hand and pulls her out of the Library without a word.

Mae could only stare at her hand that was being held tightly. The electricity traveled on her body and felt butterflies in her stomach, she can't deny that Ella really has this weakening effect on her.

The stop a few meters away from Church of Gesu, Ella turns her head around and looked at Mae who was clueless. "Bakit mo ako iniiwasan?" Ella asked and noticed the irritation in her voice.

"Hindi kita iniiwasan--"

"Almost two weeks! Tingin mo hindi pag-iwas ang ginagawa mo?! Tinatakot mo ako! Tingin ko meron akong kasalanan sa'yo!" Ella stopped when she realized that she was already shouting at her and Mae could not look at her directly, "Bakit 'di ka makatingin?" Ella cannot stop herself from asking questions, God knows how freaked out she is right now.

"Gusto ko lang mapag-isa, hindi kita iniiwasan." Mae said and before Ella could retort, the latter hugs her tight. "Sorry. Hindi na ako lalayo."

Ella mentally slaps herself. What are you doing, Ella?! Masyado kang paranoid para sigawan si Mae! "S-Sensya na." She said and they remained in each others arms. Ella felt the comfort and some tingling is bothering her system, mas hinigpitan niya ang yakap at pinakiramdaman ang tibok ng puso ni Mae. It was rapid that Ella felt something's going on with Mae, maski siya rin ay nakaramdam ng kakaiba. She soon removed herself and dismissed her feelings earlier. Wala 'yun, Ella. Wala 'yun.