|6|~The Dream of Fire ~

Start from the beginning

She stares at the flames and walks through the fire.

She goes in as a woman and comes out as a gray and white wolf.

The wolf howls and her capture drops down to his knees.

He bows before her feet.

She howls louder with golden glowing eyes that would make the dead feel like their alive.

My eyes shoots open. A thick cloud of heavy smoke invades my lungs.

Flames are devouring the cabin, sparking fear inside of my soul. My hearts beats uncontrollably inside of my chest. Instantly, my eyes start to water, sting, and burn. Sweat drenches my entire body, I can't take the heat.

The cloud of smoke is so thick I start to choke. I cough, wheeze, and desperately gasp for air.

This only makes things worse. I can't breathe.

I feel like the hot and blazing sun has been placed inside of my throat. I feel like I'm been out in the desert for days, seconds away from having a heat stroke. I feel like I woke up in the burning fires pits of hell. This is it, I'm done. I'm going to die. There is a thick cloud of smoke, preventing me from locating a way to escape.

I can feel the intense heat increasing by the second, burning brighter than the morning sun all around me. My survival instincts kick in.

I force myself to roll out of the bed, landing down onto my hands. The wooded floor, feels like acid as my hands accidentally touch a flame. In this moment, I can feel the stings and the burns marks will be a constant reminder of being trapped inside of this place.

I hiss loudly, and roll over to my left side. In that same moment, a burning log falls from the ceiling, missing me by a second. It was inches away from my head, literally seconds away from claiming my life.

Thank My Goddess.

I lift me head up, only to come face to face with the fire roaring fiercer and burning brighter before my very eyes. The flames are whipping and spreading so fast. The smoke is thick and everything around me is engulfed in flames. Ignoring the sting inside of my lungs I take a deep breath, desperately searching for a single drift of fresh air. There is none.

Too much smoke has already invaded my lungs. I don't have the energy, and I am too weak to shift into my wolf.

Reality kicks in, I'm going to die. I start to panic. I'm not going to make it out of here, Luna my Goddess is coming to take me. My wolf is pacing within me, searching for a way to save me. Too save her. I can't breathe, see, or think. I try to pull myself up from off the ground, only to fall.

I roll over again, now lying on my back.

My brain is telling me that I'm done for it, but my heart refuses to accept it. "Help," I attempt to scream, only causing my throat to further sting. "Ruq," I use my last bit of energy to mind link with my brother.

"Embry, I'm coming from you. I'm coming," I hear his voice inside of my head for a brief second and then it's shut off. I start to cough again. The increase in heat is unbearable, officially cutting off all of my wolf sense. My throat feels swollen and dry as I constantly breathe in hot air. I can taste the smoke inside of my mouth as the potent fumes of fire and anticipated death is the primary source of the throbbing inside of my head.

My heart is still pounding, tears rolls freely down my face, and this time when my hand touches the flame. I'm too close to death to feel the sting.

My eyes are half way shut and my mind wonders to another place.

When I would sit on the beach, enjoy the wind and inhaling the sweet smell of the sea. My father would watch me for a far, sitting on the porch of our house.