➤ 𝐗𝐕𝐈

【𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍】

𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE ONLY SOUND HIMARI COULD HEAR was Marco's terrified screams as they pierced the air. Titans were being drawn in by the noise, making it difficult for her to pass by them without the risk of being snatched out of the sky. Frustrated tears blurred Himari's vision as she zigzagged through the oncoming titans, pressing down as hard as she could on the triggers of her ODM gear. It didn't matter that she couldn't go any faster - it wasn't enough.

Not too far from Marco's position, she spotted three figures standing on a rooftop, their bodies frozen. Himari could see the familiar blonde head of her old bunkmate and the tall, hulking figures of Reiner and Bertholdt as she grew nearer. Identical expressions of shock were written on their faces - eyes wide and glassy.

Fury boiled in Himari's stomach at their lack of movements.

"Hey!" Himari screamed, not caring that her voice cracked sharply. "What the fuck are you three doing? Help him!" 

Annie, the first to spot Himari, took off from the roof in an instant and began to speed her way towards the white-haired girl. Her swords were extended at her sides as she flew over to the trio of titans that had begun to close in around Himari, slashing them through the nape of the one closest to her. 

Himari, taking the opening, didn't bother shouting her thanks over her shoulder as she squeezed the triggers on her ODM gear harder, shooting back up into the air. She could feel the sick, sinking feeling of helplessness settling itself in the pit of her stomach as Marco cried her name once more, pure terror lacing his words.

Himari's jaw clenched as she blinked back the tears that blurred her vision and threatened to spill over her waterline. A cry of frustration fell from her lips as a pair of titans swiped at her, beady eyes locked on her body as she dropped to the ground to avoid them. Annie had managed to take out any of the titans that were following after her, but had left Himari alone to deal with the final pair.

Gritting her teeth, she sliced through the last two titans with ease, her anger and desperation to get to Marco fuelling her ability to kill. Annie landed back on the roof beside Reiner and Bertholdt, the three watching in horror as the titan, who had risen Marco to its lips, bit down on the side of the boy, taking his arm and side of his torso with him. 

Himari knew then and there that the sounds of his cries would be ones that would haunt her forever. Tears spilled freely down her cheeks.

"NO!" She screamed, her voice breaking off into a sob as she finally reached the titan that had secured its grip on Marco. She attached her hooks to the side of its head and slashed through the back of its neck with such intensity that the head of the beast lolled forwards, only inches of skin and sinew stopping it from being decapitated entirely.