➤ 𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

【𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑】

𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI WAS QUITE CERTAIN THAT if the expedition outside the walls wouldn't kill her, Levi's incessant, neverending, monotonous droll that made Himari want to cut both of her ears off, would. She swore she was practically reciting their positions in the formation and the colour-coded smoke signals in her sleep, with how often he was drilling it into their minds.

When he wasn't making Himari wish that she had actually been properly swallowed by that titan, however, he was attempting to kill her by putting her and Eren through thorough, rigorous training exercises that left her with no energy once the end of the day rolled around. 

After four weeks of practice, Himari had finally - with the encouragement of the entire Levi squad, save for Levi and Petra, who had taken the day off to attend an important personal matter - managed to stand herself up on the back of her horse and remain standing for a minute before she'd finally tumbled to the ground and nearly impaled herself on her blade. 

"Sir, with all due respect, if you make me try it one more time I might not actually be alive tomorrow to be part of the expedition," Himari had groaned when Levi had stood over her after she'd tumbled to the ground. He was quiet for a few moments, eyeing her with no expression on his face at all to give away exactly what he was thinking. 

"Get off the ground, you're going to get dirt all over your uniform. That's enough for today. Eren, you're next." Eld pulled up alongside Himari on horseback just as she rose to her feet, wincing as she rubbed at her tailbone.

"Take that as praise from the Captain. You did good today, Himari, you should be proud." She wavered for a moment as Kaede trotted over, nudging forearm with his nose, before she sent Eld a small, timid smile.

"Thanks, Eld." 

Himari had practically fallen asleep in the stables when they'd gotten back, left to her own devices while Eren was sent to the infirmary to get his wounds looked at. It was quite safe to say that his horse did not approve of him trying to stand on the back of her. It was just lucky his injuries healed quickly.

She blinked tiredly as Kaede nudged her arm once more, her arm robotically moving up and down to brush through the knots in his mane.

"Yeah, yeah," she murmured, stifling a yawn with the back of her hand. The sound of someone entering the stables caused her to look over. Petra, who had finally returned from her personal business, waved warmly in greeting.

"Hey, Himari!" She chirped brightly just as Himari set the brush she was using on Kaede, down. The horse nudged her roughly again with his nose, causing her to stumble. Despite nearly falling onto her ass, Himari couldn't help but chuckle quietly as she ran a hand down Kaede's nose, who closed his eyes at the feeling of her gentle hand on his face.