➤ 𝐋𝐈𝐈 *

【𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎】

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐖𝐎

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

(cw: explicit NSFW scenes after the second line break)

THEY LEFT THE STOHESS HEADQUARTERS EARLY the next morning on horseback. They were going to see Keith Shadis - the man whom Eren had come to recognise as the one who had spoken to his father in his father's memories. Himari could tell that he was holding on to this lead with everything he had left in him.

She remained in his room with him last night, falling asleep early on his bare chest not long after he'd clasped the necklace back around her neck. Eren had been warm, bringing her a comforting presence that allowed her to drift off to sleep with ease. He'd remained awake, running his fingers gently through the girl's hair as he watched her sleep peacefully, unable to pull his eyes away from her. He ran his hands occasionally over the purple marks he'd left over her neck. He didn't seem to mind them too much but Himari had nearly strangled him the next morning when she'd seen the marks he'd left on her neck.

He'd simply folded his arms across his chest, smirking at her as she pulled on her signature black turtleneck, hoisting the neck of the shirt up as far as she could. He'd always liked those turtlenecks on her - especially the sleeveless ones. He'd peppered kisses all over her shoulders and biceps the morning before they'd left and she'd had to forcefully remove his head from her body before he could mark her any more.

Thankfully, between that and the formal, green military trenchcoat she was wearing, there were no visible marks that could elicit any sort of teasing from Jean or Sasha - Connie having left for his village earlier that morning.

Hange and Captain Levi had joined them, meeting the group of six down in the dining room that morning before they had left for the training grounds where they had spent three years training to become the soldiers they were that day. It felt odd to Himari. The thought of seeing the grounds again scared her, knowing that they'd bring back painful memories of all the friends that they'd lost, both physically and emotionally, along the way.

Hange had greeted Himari brightly as she'd been one of the first down in the room, leaving Eren to change by himself before they became distracted again. They'd handed Himari a box, urging her to open it before the others arrived.

"What's this for?" Himari had asked.

"Your birthday yesterday. I'd remembered the date because Selma used to write letters to you on your birthday each year after Shiganshina fell. She never sent them, not knowing whether you were alive and where you were, but she was always thinking about you. It's not much, but I thought you'd appreciate this anyway," Hange explained. Himari smiled gratefully up at the scientist before opening the box, revealing a brand new pair of knee-high boots identical to the ones she was wearing. These ones, however, weren't faded, ripped and smeared with blood, dirt and grass stains that Himari would not get out of the material, no matter how hard she tried. Himari laughed as she pulled them out, immediately beginning to untie the laces on the faded boots that were just slightly too small for her now.