➤ 𝐗𝐈𝐕

【𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍】

𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

HIMARI FOUND HERSELF STANDING ON TOP OF THE WALL not more than an hour later, in one piece and very much alive. She peered over the side of the wall, nose crinkled with disgust as she watched the creatures scrabble desperately at the stone that separated them.

She couldn't imagine what it was like, needing something so desperate that they'd willingly mutilate themselves in the hopes that it would only bring them closer to their target. She flipped her father's ring between her fingers absentmindedly as she stared down at the mindless beasts below.

She only looked away when Dot Pixis, the Commanding Officer in charge of Trost and the entire southern territory, joined her at her side. The man had impeccable timing. Just as Woerman was ready to blow hers, Eren's, Armin's and Mikasa's bodies to a thousand pieces, he had stepped in to save them. Himari knew would never forget the furious look on Woerman's face for so long as she lived.

That gratefulness, however, was accompanied by a steady sense of nervousness that caused her to keep an eye on the man as he leaned over the side of the wall. She'd quickly come to learn that the man was a raging alcoholic and very much enjoyed drinking on the job. The sight of him chugging from a silver flask of whatever rancid drink he had clutched in his hands, while he peered down at the titan's below, did not make her feel any more at ease.

Himari sighed quietly and folded her arms over her torso, though the action lacked an air of intimidation to it. Her eyes had become unfocused and anyone could see that she was beginning to lose herself in her thoughts. And, if the bloodstains on her hair and skin were anything to go off, her thoughts, at the moment, were anything but pleasant.

"Nope, none at all..." he muttered, sighing quietly to himself. His voice broke Himari from her unintentional staring contest with one of the titans down below and she looked over at the disappointed man.

"Sir?" She asked as he lifted his flask to his lips and took a hearty swig of whatever it was that was inside it.

"I certainly wouldn't mind being gobbled up by a beautiful girl titan..."

Himari recoiled, pressing her lips together as offence made itself present on her face. Her gaze turned cold as she stared disapprovingly at the bald man beside her. He must have realised that he had been improvident with his words as he looked over at Himari, who tightened her grip on her arms.

"My apologies. I imagine anecdotes about being eaten by titans aren't something you wish to be joking about at the moment." Himari's eyes narrowed, confirming his suspicions. 

"No," she replied, her tone somewhat cold. "Not particularly."

Pixis gave her a somewhat apologetic smile before he raised a hand and patted her comfortingly on the shoulder. He turned around a moment later, leaving behind a very bewildered Himari. Mikasa, who had noticed the expression on the girl's face, had to turn away as the corners of her lips threatened to twitch upwards in the slightest hint of a smile.