➤𝐋𝐈𝐈𝐈

【𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄】

𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE NEXT MORNING, HIMARI WOKE UP before Eren did. She kissed his forehead lightly, pushing his brown hair out of the way of his eyes before she shuffled quietly off the bed, making sure not to wake him. He was going to need as much rest as possible for the upcoming day.

She headed down to the bathrooms to shower properly before changing into her uniform and buckling up her body harness. She made sure the turtleneck was pulled up over her throat before she glanced down at the necklace hanging around her neck and sighed, gripping it slightly.

"I'm nearly there, Dad," she murmured quietly to herself before she pulled her hair back off her face and left the room. She discarded her dirty clothes in her own room, where Sasha was still asleep but Mikasa was not.

The rest of the day was spent in preparation for the upcoming battle. Everyone seemed to be tense and nervous compared to the atmosphere that had filled the room the previous night. Himari stuck by Levi most of the day, along with the rest of her friends, who were helping to move the horses over the wall and prepare themselves for what was to come. The only person who sat back doing nothing was Eren - who had been urged to do nothing so he could save his energy.

Right before the sun set, Himari followed Mikasa into the bathroom, sitting the girl down on one of the stools before she started trimming her hair. She was so focused on cutting the girl's hair that she didn't see Mikasa glancing up at her occasionally in the mirror, her eyes furrowed slightly as though she had something to say. She kept her mouth shut, however, choosing to remain in silence, other than the sounds of faint snipping that filled the room.

"That okay?" Himari asked once she was finished, running her fingers through the bottom of Mikasa's hair to ensure she got all the loose snipping out. Mikasa touched the bottom of her hair gently, admiring it in the mirror. She nodded her head.

"Thank you," she said quietly. Himari gave her a faint smile.

"No problem," she replied.

Not long after that, Himari found herself standing on top of the wall with Eren, Mikasa and Armin, holding Cisco's reins tightly in her hand. The other hand hovered nervously over the spot on her chest where her necklace normally hung, a prominent frown settled on her face. She was so busy staring off into the sunset that she nearly missed the yells and cries that were coming from the side of the wall that housed the citizens of the district below them. Himari blinked, turning and looking down over the wall only to see the giant crowd that had formed.

"Oh, wow," she breathed. They were cheering for them. It was a stark contrast to the unimpressed murmurs and angry dissatisfaction that they were normally met with every time they left the walls. It was invigorating, causing a small smile to turn the corners of Himari's lips upwards at the sight.