➤ 𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕

【𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑】

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

NEITHER HIMARI NOR EREN MANAGED to do much progress-wise over the next week. The plan to retake Shiganshina had been put momentarily on the backburner when Hange finally announced that Eren did not have the ability to harden his body, leaving them all dejected and slightly frustrated.

Eren had spent the day after his next round of experiments sleeping while his body healed, leaving the rest of the group to go about the rest of their business quietly. There was a sombre mood that hung heavy in the air.

Himari stood next to Connie at the kitchen bench, helping him peel potatoes and carrots for the soup. Her hair was slightly damp from the shower she'd had after her daily run, which had proved fruitless with no new results. It had only left her with sore muscles and the knowledge that the plan was slipping further through their fingers than they had hoped. Connie had to stop her more than once from stabbing the potatoes that she was peeling, telling her that they were friends, not foes.

"Maybe if these damned potatoes could help us come up with a way to retake Shiganshina, I wouldn't be stabbing them with this goddamn knife," Himari muttered irritably as she brushed the potato scraps into the compost bin.

"I know I said they were friends, but they're also food, Himari. Food as in it doesn't talk," Connie replied. Himari had to set her potato and knife down on the table as she placed her head in her hands, groaning loudly. Connie smiled slightly to himself. It wasn't much, but the girl had been looking rather tense lately and any chance he had at getting her to relax for a moment he considered a win for him.

Well, she'd been tenser than normal whenever she wasn't around Eren, that was. Even he and Sasha weren't blind to the fact that the two had been closer than usual since the day Himari had nearly given herself hypothermia. They'd all simply chalked it up to Eren not wanting to lose another one of his friends, but Armin, Mikasa and Jean all had a hunch as to what had really happened.

"Eren!" Himari lowered her hands from her face upon hearing Mikasa call the boy's name. She looked over at the entrance to the kitchen where Eren was standing, clad in the long, black jacket Himari had accidentally picked up a few nights ago. He looked healed, but still tired and slightly pale.

"You should still be in bed!" Mikasa scolded. Eren sighed as he reached up to rub at one of his eyes, his gaze passing over the dark-haired girl as it swept the room. His heart gave a familiar lurch when it landed on the white-haired beauty who stood at the table peeling potatoes with Connie. She gave him a small smile upon seeing his eyes come to a rest on her.

"I'm fine. I already slept a whole day," He murmured in response as he walked over to Himari and Connie, coming to a stop in between the two. He looked down at the table, realising what they were doing and held his hand out for Himari expectantly. She held his gaze for a moment before she sighed and handed him the knife and potato with a pout on her face.