➤ 𝐗𝐋𝐈

【𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄】

𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

THE WORLD HAD BURST INTO WAR around her. She could hear a cacophony of screams coming from all around her, but it was impossible to tell which were battle cries, and which were the final sounds of soldiers who would not make it home that evening.

Himari was one of the few who kept her mouth shut, her lips pressed into a tight line. She could feel her heart hammering against her aching ribcage, spreading buzzing adrenaline through every inch of her body.

Erwin's insane plan had worked. Guiding the titans towards Reiner had caused him to pull his hands away from his neck to fight them off, which meant that Bertholdt and Eren were now out in the open.

"His hand's gone!" Jean exclaimed the moment they saw Reiner raise his fists. Mikasa gasped at the sight of Eren's missing arms. 

"Don't get distracted now!" Himari called out to her.

"But-"

"He'll be fine, they can grow back!" Himari replied, keeping her eyes up on the boy above her. She could see his head twisting and turning, searching desperately for something or someone. Her heart leapt into her chest when his teal-green gaze finally fell upon her, meeting bright gold as she stared back at him. She raised her head slightly, her lips curling slightly in an indefatigable half-smirk as she stared up at him through her dark eyelashes. She was coming for him and he knew it - it was only a matter of time before he was to be separated from Bertholdt and back in the hands of people he trusted.

"Now's our chance!" Mikasa called to her two comrades. It was practically a suicide mission, rushing straight towards the horde of titans that had gathered around Reiner, but Himari didn't have any qualms about doing so. Any apprehensiveness or feelings of nerves that had appeared with the titans had been squashed the moment she'd seen the golden glow of the evening sun kiss the tanned skin of Eren's face.

"Hey Mikasa, Himari, can't you see all those titans?!" Jean cried exasperatedly when he realised that both girls were dead serious about flying head-first into the mess of limbs, giant bodies and ugly heads that were Reiner and the rogue titans.

"Seeing them and choosing to ignore them! This may be the one and only shot we have at getting Eren back before Reiner conceals him and Bertholdt again!" Himari replied, momentarily glancing over at Jean who was staring straight back at her.

"Then how do you plan on getting through that mess? You'll have to slip through a horde of them."

Neither Mikasa nor Himari had the chance to reply as Erwin pulled out his sword, raising it into the air.

"Advance!" He cried, his yell loud enough to reach every Scout in the nearby vicinity. It, however, reached the ears of the titans, too. Himari's eyes grew wide, her breath catching in her throat when a titan, who had been hiding behind a thick patch of shrubbery, suddenly jumped out and clamped their jaws down over Erwin's extended arm.