➤ 𝐕𝐈𝐈

【𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍】

𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

"I'M STARVING!" HIMARI SIGHED FOR what felt like the sixth time in the last twenty minutes, running her hand down her face in an attempt to calm herself.

"We know, Sasha. We know."

Himari wasn't quite sure how much more of this she could take. It had been two out of the seven days she had been forced to attend this godforsaken training exercise and she was, quite literally, ready to drop a rock on her head.

Shadis had woken everyone up at the mere asscrack of dawn two days ago and sorted them into four groups at random. Himari had ended up with Sasha, Connie, Eren, Mina, Samuel, Bertholdt, Marco and a few other cadets she hadn't really spoken to and, had it not been for Marco, Himari would have gone insane already.

Shadis, who had blindfolded all of them and led them half a day's walk into the forest, had instructed them to use the map they had been given to find five red flags in the surrounding forest over the next week and return to base by the end of the seventh day, in order to pass. Anyone who didn't make it back in time would be on cleaning duty for everything for the next three months.

Himari had a very strong feeling she was going to end up on cleaning duty.

So far, they'd only managed to find one flag using the map and that was because Connie, who had offered to hold the map, had been reading it upside down the whole time. They'd ended up in some small village south of the training camp and the inhabitants of the village had been extremely confused when Connie had asked whether they'd seen any red flags in the area nearby.

Sasha, thankfully, had previous experience in hunting and made sure that they had enough food to last them the night and the next day, before they needed food again. Himari had taken charge of finding water and starting fires to boil it - something she had experience in, while the rest of them attempted to set up the tents and get some kind of temporary base camp going. Of course, none of them had ever been camping before and they were all totally useless at putting up the tents, but everyone had always been surprisingly optimistic about the outcome that there was never really any problems going around. Except for Sasha's insatiable hunger, of course.

"How are we looking, Bertholdt?" Marco asked the taller boy, who had been given full reign over the map, considering he knew how to use one properly. Bertholdt peered down at the poorly drawn piece of paper in his hands before looking around.

"It should be close by. We're pretty much on top of it at this point."

Without any ODM gear to get them moving quickly from one place to another, their expedition was going much slower than any of them would have liked. It was harder to search the trees too, considering they couldn't just fly up to the top and look around.