She looked at me concerned "Chris what's going on?"

I sighed "Come in so I can tell you"

I let my momma in and we both went into the living room and sat down.

She grabbed the baby from my arms and began to talk "So what's going on Chris? When did y'all get here and where's Tiana?"

"Tiana's in Cali...um I came back to Virginia like an hour ago."

"Why is she still in Cali and you're here? Did y'all break up?"

I shook my head "No ma... I um...Excuse me real quick"

I got up and walked over to the bathroom and locked the door. My heart began to beat fast and I became light headed.

So I sat on the rim of the bathtub and tried to get myself together.
Then I started to hear light knocks on the door.

"Chris What's Going On? Come And Talk To Me"

I began to stammer over my words "I-I'm fine ma...I'm just a little sick that's all"

"Chris it's more than that, I seen the hurt in your eyes when I walked through the door a few minutes ago. Something is bothering you"

I looked down at the floor and began to cry silently while playing with my hands.

"I'm fine ma, just give me five minutes please"

My momma sighed "Ok, I'll be in the living room with Marcell"

I listened carefully as I heard her walk away from the door. Then I grabbed the small box from my pocket and held it in my hands.

I opened it and took the ring out and looked at it.

"We can't be together anymore...You left me and our son...how do you think I feel Tiana?" I said whispering to myself.

While looking at the ring I debated if I wanted to keep it or throw it down the drain.

....I'll keep it for now, but a lot of emotions are held inside this ring. Plus it brings back too many memories for me.

I got up and walked over to the mirror and took a good look at myself, I never noticed how horrible I looked until now. My skin was slightly pale, my eyes looked accurate from what I was feeling. A nigga been crying all day so I'm not suprised that my eyes are filled with pain and sorrow.

I would've fixed myself but at this point I'm just like fuck it. I don't even care anymore.
I put the ring back in the box then stuffed it in my pocket.

After walking out of the bathroom I headed back to the living room and I sat by my mother.

"Chris did something happen between you and Tiana? Is that why you're really here? Did you two break up or something?"

I shook my head "...No, I'm actually gonna propose to Tiana "

"So why do you look so sad?"

I gave a fake smile and spoke "I'm fine...the reason why I called you over here is because...the baby wouldn't stop crying and I needed help"

"Do you think I'm stupid Chris? I know something is wrong, don't be afraid to tell me."

Soon after she said that I began to cry uncontrollably. It was hard hiding my feelings especially from my momma.

She laid the baby down next to her then she pulled me in for a hug.

Then I began to sob in her arms "I miss her so much.... I swear I do"