Chapter 18

Kinda short chapter. Sorry. I didn't know what to write for the Paris trip.

Eren POV:

Paris was everything we needed. Levi and I got off the plane and instantly felt more safe and relaxed. The airport was by no means relaxing, but it was a new environment.

Levi was giddy, nearly dragging me off the exit ramp and down to baggage claim. It felt good to see him happy again. He really needed some joy in his life.

Erwin told us before we left that the trial would be in exactly two weeks. I bought the tickets immediately after that call and we were packing for a 7:00 am flight the next morning. By now, we've lost one day. But that leaves us 12 in Paris before we have to fly home.

We got our bags and went to call for a taxi service to take us to our hotel. I booked a suite in at a hotel I've stayed at when I've done shoots here before. Hopefully it'll feel nice and homey. I called in to tell the staff we were on our way.

Levi managed to get a cab. We packed our bags into the trunk and I gave the driver the location of the hotel. Levi snuggled into my side, nearly bouncing with excitement.

"You excited?"

Levi nodded and kissed my cheek. "Thank you!"

"I wanted to come too. Don't thank me." Levi giggled and watched out the window as we drove.

The paris streets were bustling full of people. Some were just walking around, some were selling things. We even saw a tour group with someone explaining different landmarks. Levi nearly jumped on top of me as we saw the Eiffel Tower.

"We've GOT to go there!"

I laughed and sat him back down.

"We will. But don't cause an accident. You could have scared our driver."

Levi looked a little shy at that. He apologized to our cab driver who simply smiled in return.

Not long after that, we were getting out of the car and grabbing our suitcases from the trunk. Our hotel towered over the rest of the nearby buildings, but it looked nice.

After checking in and showing Levi where things were gonna be, we each took a shower and got dressed for our first outing. I had planned to take Levi to get caricatures and take him to a nice restraunt for lunch.

Before three pm, we were leaving the hotel again. Levi held onto my hand, beaming like a child as we started walking around.

We found the restraunt before the artists on the streets, so we decided it was a good time to eat.

The rest of the night was fun but mellow, as we were both a little jet-lagged from the flight over. We got our caricatures done in front of the Eiffel Tower, although we were across the city from it.

The days we spent in Paris blurred together. We went sighteeing, took a tour of the famous Eiffel Tower, explored the Parthenon, and went to a few of the palaces. There were fun touristy places we checked out too. I got a few good pictures of us on a ferris wheel that I swear was twenty stories tall.

Every single day we went somewhere new. Did something fun. It almost seemed like nothing bad had happened in the past few weeks. Levi looked so happy here. So peaceful.

When we had to leave, it was of course sad. We enjoyed our trip thoroughly and got to bring home several cool souvenirs that we'd be able to look at and remember this trip.

Levi dozed off on my shoulder during the plane ride back to America.

It was nice to be home, but we had the trial lingering over our heads. It was the next morning. Levi and I went to bed extra early to account for the jet lag as well as the anticipated stress of the upcoming day.