Chapter 13

Eren POV:

I knocked on the door. I didn't want to risk breaking in if Mina didn't actually live here. It opened after a moment and my suspicions were confirmed. I threw myself at her, knocking her over.

"Where's Levi?!" Mina growled at me, but a split second later someone screamed.

I froze. That had to be him. Mina chose this moment to bring her knee up to knock me in the groin. Thank god I had worn the padding to go with the vest over my shirt.

"Nice try." I pulled out my gun and clonked her on the side of the head with the butt, effectively knocking her out. I took the opportunity to bind her wrists behind her back.

Then, I ran off to find where the scream came from.

Luck was on my side, because he screamed again. It led me to a door that was bolted shut. Luckily, it was just a deadbolt that I could unlock from the outside. I rushed in.

Levi was bound to a support beam in the middle of the room, his clothes in shreds beside him. He instantly tensed at the sound of the door opening. I bolted to his side and unsheathed the knife on my ankle, working at his bonds.

"Levi, it's me! Are you okay?!" He visably relaxed.

"I'm fine. Just get me out of here." I freed his hands and took off the blindfold. I threw my arms around him, holding him tight to my chest.

"Thank god you're safe..."

"You asshole! Don't you know it's improper to knock out a lady?!" I turned just in time to see Mina rush forward with a knife in hand. I pushed Levi out of the way and caught her wrist. I snapped it to the side. She screamed and I flipped her over my shoulder. Her back hit the ground with a loud thud, knocking the wind out of her and stunning her for a moment.

I grabbed my gun and pointed it at her head. She froze. "I have the authority to place you under citizen's arrest for kidnapping, assault, and attempted murder. Move, and I shoot." She clutched her (most likely shattered) wrist in her hand, glaring up at me. I could almost see the steam coming out of her ears.

"Levi, my phone's in the side pocket by the knife's sheath. Call Erwin, then go stand as far away from us as you can. I'll handle her." He stood on shaky legs and walked up to me. He calmed himself with a deep breath and called as I told him to.

I didn't move an inch as we waited, keeping my gun steadily aimed at Mina. Levi stayed in the corner of the room. He'd managed to find a blanket to wrap up in, so at least he wasn't on full display anymore.

It took about ten minutes for Erwin to arrive with backup. They followed the path of destruction down to the basement and arrested Mina. Erwin looked at me as I holstered my gun.

"You're a goddamn idiot, you know that?"

"Save it for later. Let me get him safe first."

"Your apartment's still a crimescene. We can't let you go back until the forensics team has finished."

I turned to walk away. "Then we'll just come to the station with you guys." Erwin sighed but relented, taking Mina to his car.

I wrapped Levi in my arms. "You did so well. You were so brave. I've got you now." Levi sniffled and buried his face in my chest. His trembling hands came up to grasp my shirt.

"I was so afraid, Eren... She... She grabbed me before I could even think and then I woke up here. She kissed me and then said she'd kill you if I tried to fight her or ever said your name. But I wouldn't eat her food, so she got mad at me and cut up my clothes..." I lifted him up and carried him outside.

"You're safe now. She can't get to us anymore." I stroked his hair, hoping to soothe him.

Erwin's deputy Miche opened the car for us.

"I'll give you a ride to the station. We'll need your statements and a full report of what happened." I nodded and climbed in.

Levi refused to let go of me, but I felt the exact same way. Miche didn't comment on it and just drove carefully so we wouldn't be knocked around without seatbelts on.

Levi tried his best to keep his tears in. He hated crying in front of people. Even me. I leaned down so my lips were next to his ear.

"Hold on until we get to the station. Then we can have a few minutes alone. You can cry it all out without anyone watching." I squeezed him a little tighter. "I know you hate feeling weak like this, but I'm here for you. You've gotta let it out so you can heal." I kissed his temple. "You'll never be alone again. Okay?"

Levi sniffled and nodded. He buried his face in my neck and just let me rock him back and forth.

Soon enough, Miche parked the car and opened the door for us. I carried Levi inside, still wrapped in the blanket. They led us to a comfortable waiting room. It was closed off to give people privacy.

"Could you find him some clothes before we give our statements?" I asked Miche. He nodded and wandered off. I took the chance and closed the door.

Levi finally broke down into hysteric sobs. I held him and just watched him let out all the pain and fear from these past few months.