Chapter 11

Eren POV:

"What do you mean you can't find him?! You said you'd figured out who had been buying the sedatives!"

"Eren, please calm down. You'll aggravate your head." Erwin held an ice pack to my head. He happened to be nearby when I woke up. Apparently that bitch gave me a real bad concussion. Now, I'm locked in a goddamn hospital room and they won't let me out!

"How am I supposed to calm down?! That bitch broke into a third floor apartment through the window and took Levi!" Erwin sighed and put his hand on my shoulder.

"We have to figure out where she's staying. She's very clearly a foreigner, and I don't think she's been here long. After that, we'll have to call in SWAT for a rescue mission. It'll take a few days."

"A few days?! A few DAYS?! Do you know what could happen in a few days?! For all we know, she could want to kill him! You-" A sudden pain shot through my skull, forcing me to stop yelling and close my eyes. This was so unfair.

Levi. I had to get to Levi.

"I can't wait days. I have to find him. Whatever it takes."

"No, you're going to stay right here and heal. What good would you be to Levi if you can't maneuver around properly?" Erwin's words drew a growl from my throat.

"More use than someone willing to risk his life beacause of protocol!" I tried to stand up only to be firmly pushed back down by Erwin's hand on my shoulder.

"You can't make me stay here. We both know I could beat you in a fair fight." Erwin sighed.

"Martial arts has served you well. But I can't just let you walk out. You're too hotheaded, Eren. If you barged into wherever they are with your temper flared and an active concussion, you could get seriously hurt." He put his hand on my shoulder, but I smacked it off. He seemed hurt by that, but I didn't care.

"You know I care about Levi too. But if we rush into this unprepared and against protocol, I'll lose my job and Levi will likely lose his favor with the police."

"Then I guess I'll just have to go alone, then. If I can't count on you, it doesn't matter." I ripped off the heartbeat monitor and stood up. Nurses flooded the room, trying to get me back on the bed.

"Don't touch me!" I shoved a man out of my way and ran through the door. Erwin grabbed my arm but I kicked it with all the force I could muster. He cried out and let go. I was down the hallway before they could even call for backup.

I ran outside and into the street. They hadn't managed to get me in a hospital gown, so that was at least a plus. Outside, they couldn't follow me if I didn't have a gown on.

I managed to get back to the apartment and get inside, even though it was now an active crimescene. I frantically searched for any sign of identification that could lead me to this woman.

I saw her face. I know who she is. Levi gave her money back in India and asked for her story. But he was so kind to her. Why would she do this?

The time for asking 'why' was long gone. I just needed to figure out where she lived and where she had Levi. If I could do that, I could get him out of there. From her earlier demonstration of skills, she'd be no match for me if I came prepared and was ready for her attacks.

I sifted frantically through the glass and all the chaos she had caused during our struggle. I didn't care if I got shreds of glass in my fingertips or cuts on my hands.

Then, I found it. A shred of paper she must have dropped when she knocked me unconscious.

A picture of a used little mobile home. It wasn't too far away. If this was where she was keeping him, this is where I'll go. It's not a certainty, but it's all I've got. And if she's not te one who lives there, I'll just leave.

I gathered up some supplies. Nunchucks, a pistol, a knife, and a medkit just in case Levi was hurt. I strapped the knife to my ankle, holstered the gun on my thigh, and hooked the nunchucks to my hip.

As I was about to open the door, I thought better of it and ran to grab Levi's phone. He had a picture with her, didn't he? I could show it to the owners of the houses around and see if she was nearby.

She wouldn't get away. Not with Levi. I would make sure of that.