Chapter 6

Eren POV:

"W-What the hell just happened?" Levi stumbled backwards as he spoke, the weight of the situation crashing down on him. I grabbed his waist and pulled him to my chest, wrapping my arms around him protectively.

"I won't let them hurt you. I won't allow it." Levi took a deep breath before relaxing slightly in my hold. He slowly stretched up and allowed his arms to curl around my neck.

"What do I do, Eren? I'm terrified." His voice wavered as he attempted to hold back the tears.

"Let's look for any clues that might give us a lead on who this person is. We can call the cops as well." Levi nodded in agreement. "Who gave you coffee this morning?"

Levi seemed to rack his brain, trying to remember. "Well, Greg gave me the cup. He said I was sent it as a gift from someone working nearby. It was made just the way I like it. I have no idea who made it."

I furrowed my brow in confusion. Who worked nearby? Was it possible that the stalker works for the same agency? Or were they from a shop close to it?

When I looked back at Levi, he was trembling with tears streaming down his face. "W-What am I supposed to do, Eren? It could be anybody. I... I don't want to be alone. What if they find me at my apartment? What if I-"

"Shhhhhhh... Calm down." I pulled his face to rest against my chest. "You can stay with me. I'll protect you. I promise I'll keep you safe. Just breathe." Levi drew in a shallow breath.

"That's it. There you go. Just breathe. It's all gonna be okay." I rubbed small circles on his back for a few minutes while he took trembling breaths.

When Levi looked up at me, he whispered, "E-Eren... p-please just... hold me." So that's exactly what I did. I pulled him as close to me as possible and flexed my arms around him, encapsulating him in my embrace. A small sigh escaped his pink lips as I stroked his hair.

"You've had a really hard day. What can I do to make you feel better?" Levi contemplated the possibilities while clutching my shirt tightly in his small hands.

"I... I don't really know. Just don't let go. Please don't let go." He buried his face in my neck. I tightened my grip. He melted against my chest.

"I won't."

For the rest of the day, after I called the police of course, I spent time with Levi trying to calm him down and get his mind off the situation. I think I did my job fairly well. We curled up together with popcorn to watch his favorite movie, listened to audio books, played a couple card games, and just held eachother. Levi refused to go outside, so we did indoor activities.

I called someone to replace the windowpane in my kitchen; he was done in about ten minutes. After I paid him for his services, I made Levi dinner. He sat in a chair next to the stove while reading and talking to me the whole time I was in the kitchen. I didn't leave his side all day, unless one of us had to use the bathroom, of course. But even then, this may seem weird, but the other would stand outside the door. Just in case.

I don't mind this. I live alone, so having the companyis nice. Especially when it's Levi. I've known him for almost 3 years now. The best three years of my life. Up until I met him, I didn't even consider that I might be gay. I mean, I'd never really had an attraction to anyone that lasted longer than a week. Levi is different. There's just something about him that I love. I can't really explain it.

All this time, I thought I had no chance. But, that kiss... It was definately not one-sided. Maybe we can be something. I don't know if being public about it would be a good or a bad thing. Levi doesn't need any more crazy fans or paparazzi. And I'd hate for him to lose his good reputation because of me. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Eventually, Levi and I got tired. But, I don't have a guest room.

"I'll take the couch. You can have my bed." Levi shook his head.

"I don't want to kick you out of your own space. This is your apartment." He shifted uncomfortably.

"What is it? Is something wrong?" I reached out and cupped his face.

"I... I just... this might sound weird, but... I'm scared to sleep alone. I know I'm acting like a baby just because of one incident, but-"

I pressed a finger to his lips. "You aren't acting like a baby. This is serious. We don't know who they are or what they want. I promised I would keep you safe, so that's what I'll do. Wouldyou liketo share my bed?" Levi hesitated as a blush crawled across his cheeks. Then he nodded once.

"Alright. C'mon then. I won't bite," I said teasingly. His blush deepened.

"I-I, uh..."

"I was kidding. Let's get to sleep." As I turned to my room, Levi grabbed my shirt lightly. "Hmm? What is it?"

"I don't have any pajamas."

"Oh. Well that's alright. You can borrow something of mine. I don't mind." Silent as a mouse, Levi nodded. This is gonna be interesting.