The yelling died down, and as the credits rolled I heard soft snores coming from Hayes.

I wiggled out of his reach and put on sweatpants and my lacrosse shirt.

I put my hair in a messy bun and walked out of his room.

I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat before I saw Hayes's mom and dad talking on the kitchen table. I hid behind the wall, Chad was comforting Elizabeth as she cried.

"I don't want them to go.." She sobbed.

"This isn't the last time you'll see them, Liz. They're grown up and Hayes is coming back." Chad said.

"How do you know that? Juliet is going to stay there because of Ashley and Nash will also stay there. Hayes wouldn't want to leave both of them there, so he'll stay. Chad I can't let both of them leave. I just can't." She sighed as she let her head fall to her hands.

"Give them a chance. They will come back. They always will." He said as he rubbed her back. She grinned and ran her hands through her hair.

"I don't know..." She sniffed.

"Do it for Nash, or for Hayes. Maybe you should do it for Juliet." Chad said. She nodded slowly.

"Fine," she sighed "but only for a month." She said as I ran up the stairs and into Hayes's room.

He woke up to the impact of me jumping on the bed.

"Juliet..?" He mumbled as he rubbed his eyes.

"We're going to California."

****next morning****

I woke up with Hayes on top of me.

"Hayes.." I groaned and his lips stirred.

"Hm..?" He mumbled as I pushed him off of me and made him lie down on the other side of the bed.

I got up and stretched, rubbing my eyes as I opened the door to go downstairs.

I was walking down the stairs when something hit me in the face.

Confetti?

"Surprise!" Skylynn yelled as she splashed the colorful paper in my face.

I laughed as I was wiping the stuff off my face.

"What's this for?" I said excitingly as I picked her up. I rested her on my hip.

I walked to the kitchen and there were two tickets to California sitting on the table. I smiled from ear to ear.

"I can't believe it." I said.

"A thank you would be good." Nash appeared from the living room and I smiled.

"You did all this?" I asked and he nodded.

"Exactly Juliet Collins. I already knew you had a tickets so that's for Hayes and I." He said.

"When are we leaving?" I asked.

"At noon." He said and I basically ran to Hayes's room.

"Hayes! Wake up!" I yelled and I shook him.

"What? What is it?" His eyes shot open, like he was prepared for some kind of battle or something.

"You have to get ready. We're going to California." I said and he smiled.

"You know, you're really cute." He said and I blushed.

"You're also really cute." I said and he hugged me.

"Are we really doing this?" He asked and I nodded. He pecked my lips and he got out of bed as he got out his suitcase to start packing.

He put everything in that suitcase.

After he was ready, I grabbed my backpack and we met Nash outside.

Elizabeth and Chad were getting the car from the parking lot they park in.

We walked across the street and to my apartment.

I was certain that my mom was at work.

Nash and Hayes stayed in the living room.

I opened the door and went to my room. I grabbed the biggest luggage I could find and put all of my contents of my backpack inside plus some extra things. I put in blankets and pillows and shoes.

My closet was empty.

I was dragging my suitcase away when I came across a box under my bed.

It was pictures from my Polaroid.

She said she could keep it in the end, so I thought mine was for keeping.

I took the box with me, and I saw a piece of paper taped to the inside of my door.

It was a note from my mom.

"Dear Juliet, by the time you read this I know you will be far from here. I know what I have done. And I will also be far away from you. I'm in Europe for my job.

I just wanted to say I'm sorry. For everything I've done, and for everything I didn't tell you.

But you know one thing that I always tell you.

I love you.

Please come back. Keep in touch. -Mom."

I started to cry. It shouldn't have ended like this.

Both of my parents have left me. And I guess it was all my fault.

I walked out of the room and dried my eyes as I went to the kitchen. I dropped my stuff.

I walked to the open apartment door, which belonged to Matt.

Matt was sitting on the couch, and when he noticed me knocking he got up and smiled.

"You had me worried sick!" He said and he hugged me tightly. I laughed and hugged him back.

"I'm here to say goodbye, Matt." I said and his smile faded.

"What are you talking about?" He said and we pulled apart.

"I'm leaving for California." I said surprised, I thought he knew.

"Oh, that's right.." He said with an excited look on his face.

"What?" I said, confused.

"It's a good thing I'm coming with you."

~.~

A/N: so I'm doing my homework and I'm currently procrastinating! #teamprocrastination lol.

So I'm going pumpkin picking and haunted hayride and I'm just excited for fall.

Question: favorite thing about fall?

Let me know your thoughts on the chapter and i love you guys very much and thanks for everything!