Chapter 63

"Mother?" I mumble in disbelief.

No.

No.

No.

The woman in front of me smiles nervously and I stare at her, "Levi. Do you see the H/C woman in front of me?"

"You're shitting me if she's actually your mother." He replies casually.

"Am I delusional?" I ask no one in particular.

"You're being dramatic, Y/N." The woman calmly answers.

"Walls!" I mumble and shake my head.

"Who is that man to you?" She takes a step closer to me, and I take one back.

"Why are you asking?" I counter-back and meet her eyes. Her E/C. The colour I wish I had.

"I will release him if you tell me." She raises an eyebrow at me.

"He's..." I glance back at Levi, who crosses his arms and slightly smirks, "My man." I finish.

"Your Husband?" She asks.

"No." I shake my head.

"Your boyfriend?" She persists.

"I don't know why you are talking about him, instead of why I was told you were dead. And you said you would release him." I answer and glare at this woman. There are a few gasps, but she ignores them.

"Release him." Instantly, Paul lowers the gun and Levi moves beside me, maintaining eye contact with the woman. "Remove your gear."

"No." I answer, does she think we are stupid?

The commander beside us raises his hand and all the soldiers raises and cock their gun against us.

"For fucks sake." I hear Levi mumble and he glances at me. I shrug and remove my gear, which he copies.

"Okay, let's go. I will explain in a private place." I nod a little and we start walking. "What is your name?" She asks Levi.

Levi glances down at me and I shrug. I'm not really in the mood to deal with this woman's bullshit. "Levi." He answers.

"Lastname?" She lifts an eyebrow at him.

Before Levi can answer, I answer instead, "None of your business."

"Excuse me?" She says surprised.

"You are excused." We arrive in front of a large castle and I sigh.

A guard opens the doors and the woman replies with a Thank you. We enter a room, I assume the living room, and she gestures for us to take a seat, while she sits in a completely different room. "Guards, excuse us." All the guards leave immediately and I suddenly wonder if they are scared of her.

There's an eerie silence in the room, so I decide to break it. "So. Explain." I cross my arms.

"Y/N, don't resent me." She first says.

"Why not?" I raise an eyebrow at her and she frowns.

"Also don't speak to me like that." She replies.

"I'm an adult, I'll speak however." I reply and then she nods, but then her face quickly goes blank and I know exactly what she's thinking, "I will also marry whoever!" I add.

"I wanted you to marry a lovely nobles son. But instead you found a science experiment?" She complains.

Levi looks away and I grab his hand to comfort him, "That was rude. I don't care about your opinion anymore. My Fathers approval is all I need, and he does."

"Father? For a second I forgot he existed." Her face contorts into disgust and anger fills me.

"I came here for you to explain." I state, trying not to attack her."

"Ah yes. I'm part of one of the royal families in Marley. I met your father, who was a poor nonce, and ran away with him. We decided to go far, and found ourselves in Eldia. Like an idiot, your father joined the Military. We had a kid. Titans broke down the Wall. Used it as an opportunity to get out of that Hell Hole. Now I'm here." My mother shrugs.

"Is that all?" I ask, quite shocked.

"Yes..?" She trails off.

"You couldn't give me a better story?" I ask and my eyebrow twitches. Levi squeezes my hand and I feel slightly better.

"Aren't-" My mother is cut off when the door suddenly opens. I instantly look over and come face to face with a blue eyed blonde monster. I immediately grab a small blade from my uniform and throw it at him.

He dodges it by a miniscule amount and starts laughing loudly. "And here, Y/N, I thought you would welcome me with open arms. 'I missed you Ed!' or 'I love you Ed!' " He continues to laugh and I grind my teeth.

Ed.

Levi instantly throws his small blade, identical to mine, at Ed. Who also dodges it with ease. He raises at eyebrow at Levi but doesn't question. Levi face is completely blank, but he's holding my hand tighter than ever.

"Did I forget to mention Edward came with us?" My mother adds.

I glare at the bitch, "What?"

"Edward is part of the other royal family and he ran away with us. He agreed to come back when I told him my idea." She explains.

"Walls." I mumble, "You brought a child into this rubbish?"

"No. Edward is well older than you, we just lied." She shrugs.

"You know my Father thinks your dead?" I reply angrily.

"Him? He knows I'm here. I told him to tell you I'm dead." She replied nonchalantly.

"What? He developed a drinking problem after you died!" I say, completely confused.

My mother laughs and so does Ed, "Stupid man was probably depressed that your mother left." Ed says and my Mother laughs a little louder.

"This is ridiculous." Levi says and stands up.

"Oh yes. Who is this? Your new boy toy?" Ed raises an eyebrow at me.

"Oh shut up." I answer instead. I get up with Levi and try to leave but my Mother stands in front of the door.

"Where are you going?" She asks.

"None of your business." I growl.

"You're not leaving." Ed pipes up.

"Walls." Levi mumbles and attempts to roundhouse kick Ed in the face. Ed smirks and dodges before throwing a punch at Levi. Levi dodges and I use this as a chance to knockout Ed. I straighten my arm and aim for his spine, but Ed turns around and glance at me, so instead I elbow him in the stomach. He bends over a little, but then straightens himself and chuckles.

"Good job guys! But I've actually got to go. I have duties as a prince. See you tomorrow!"

Tomorrow?