Chapter 6

"Hey, where's Mikasa and Eren?" I ask Reiner. Reiner and I are close, I would even consider him my best friend.

"Not too sure, sorry Y/N." He replies. I mess with my silver bracelet and think.

I haven't seen Mikasa since that stupid conversation with the Captain happened. I actually don't even know where the higher ups are. Hm... Strange. I thought they might be strategizing along with Armin but, even then, Squad Levi would be with them. Only Petra from Squad Levi is gone.

I go over to a random cadet I don't know and ask the same question. His face pales and he answers.

"They're in court."

"What?"

"Eren appeared out of a titan, so he is being put to trial to see if he is going to be killed by the MPs." He continues.

Shit.

He gives me the court details and I rush over there.

***

I quietly enter the court room to see Captain Levi beating the shit out of Eren.

That evil Idiot.

I go and stand beside Mikasa, who looked like she was ready to jump over the fence and attack the Corporal. I place and hand on her shoulder and she calms a little and smiles at me. She fills me in with some details and we continue to watch the 'show'.

***

In the end, Eren received guardianship to the Survey Corps.

Well specifically to Captain Short Pants.

According to Commander Hanji, our squad and her own, needs to move to a castle so we can 'test out' Eren's new found powers and keep him on close watch underground. I don't mind much except we do have to pack up everything.

At the HQ, I load my small amount of items onto my dark grey horse, H/N, and I walk over to the Commander and Captain, and we wait for the others. I mess around with my silver bracelet while we stand I silence.

I can't remember when I first got this bracelet. It's always been a part of me. There's no clasp on it, so I am unable to take it off. I've had it since I was a baby, and I'm sure my wrist size has changed, so I'm not sure how its always fitted me. It's a small simple chain with a small curved rectangle on the upright part of the bracelet, so it is visible to others.

"Tch... I don't know why you are still here." I hear the Idiot speak, "My reason must've met standards."

"It did in a way, but Y/N doesn't seem bothered by it. Are you?" The Commander glances at me.

"No..?" I answer confused by their conversation.

"So she shall remain on the team. Your written account didn't seem overly serious since nothing of sorts really happened Levi."

"Tch. She just doesn't remember." The Captain says glaring at me.

I stroke my beautiful horse and ignore him.

He doesn't know what I remember and don't remember.

Although concerning whatever they are talking about, I don't remember.

Mikasa and Eren ride up to us and stop next to me. We start having our own conversation, before the rest appear. Gunther waves at me and I wave back before he stops next to me.

As weird as it may sound, he smells and talks like someone familiar. My hands holding the reigns begin to shake a little.

No, no, no. Not a panic attack.