Chapter 26

"That's the bastards last name?" Levi asks.

"Yes Levi, Yes. Catch up." I say rolling my eyes. He glances at me before looking back at the man and raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, Why?" The man answers.

"I suppose he doesn't give away many details. Especially the important ones." Levi continues.

"But you have to have an inkling, right? Maybe I can jog your memory. You still have a lot of bones left." I say kneeling down to his side.

"You are a mad woman." His eyes widen. I take his hand in mine and cover it with the other.

"Heh, Maybe." I say smiling.

Oh Walls. Hange has affected me deeply.

"Someone's coming from that way!" Sasha quickly alerts us, "It's a group!" She points her arrow in the direction of the said group. I drop the mans hand and he falls to the side. I look in the direction.

"Didn't I tell you? It's hopeless. It all is. The time has come for you to pay for what you've done. This is the end of the Survey Corps." The man says.

***

Turns out the group of people was just Hange and 2 MPs that we stole the uniforms from. Hange handed me a letter, that I read out.

"Dear Y/N L/N,

The Survey Corps name has been cleared from any accusation and I will not be hung, for the time being, especially all claims of the Survey Corps murdering MPs, will now being considered self-defense. The Royal Capital is now under Commander-in-Chief Zackly's control. The Nobles have no form of Counter-attack and Commander Nile Dok has proven a small amount of loyalty to the Survey Corps and I'm sure his men will follow his steps. I'm afraid to say that the squad will return to its usual self with Levi Ackerman as its Captain. Although if anything does occur, Armin will have to be Captain due to the fact MPs know you now and have drawings of you.

Yours truly, Erwin Smith." I read out.

Jean and a few others jumped in joy while I stood there re-reading the letter.

"Cadet!" Levi calls out to me. I shudder and look at him.

"Yes Captain?"

"Cleaning duty for 1 month." He says crossing his arm.

"For what?!" I say, lips twitching.

"For referring to me in an inappropriate way. You are to call me Captain at all times." He answers. I salute and turn around, cursing him under my breath.

"Aside from that. WE ARE FREE!" Hange claims, with a large smile on her face.

"But... How in the world... What did you do to them?" The man says from behind us. Whoops, completely forgot he was still here.

"We didn't do anything. It was everyone's individual choices that brought change to our world." Hange says.

"Hange... I'm sorry. Those three you entrusted me with. I let them die." Levi tells Hange blankly.

"Well... At least you neutralised those gun-totting Bastards, right?" She asks.

"No." I answer, "Not all of them."

"The leader and his team are off somewhere with Eren and Historia. If we don't find them soon, this revolution will be derailed." Levi adds. Hange puts her hand in her pocket and pulls out another letter.

"About that, I just might know where Eren and Historia are. I'm not absolutely certain, but I think out only choice is to take out chances with. We'll end this battle now." She says.

"Okay, okay. Nice speech. Hand it over." I say grabbing the envelope from her hands. I open it daintily but Levi takes it from my hands and rips it out.

"Eren's going to be eaten." He bluntly states.

"Wait what?!?!" I say.

"Its only a speculation based on the account Y/N gave us about a conversation between Reiner and Ymir." She says.

"Oh yes. About Mindless Titans eating Titan-shifters..." I say, recalling the conversation.

"Yes, I shall explain more on our way back." Hange said.

***

On the way back Hange explained how if Historia and Eren have fallen in the hands of the Reiss family, they will most likely be taken to the estate. Survey Corps disguised as farmers investigated the estate. The Reiss Family were blessed with 5 children but the Lord had an illegitimate child with a servant. Forgetting the illegitimate child, the Lord had a good reputation. In particular his eldest daughter Frieda was loved by everyone in the estate and was known for taking strolls through the fields to thank farmers for their work. Everyone considered her the pride and joy of the estate.

But, the night Wall Maria fell, bandits took advantage of the chaos by raiding and setting fire to a chapel in the village. To make it worse, the Reiss family had gathered in the chapel that night to pray after the Wall fell. The whole family was killed, except Rod Reiss. This happened a few days before Historia's mother was killed by MPs.

After losing his family, Rod Reiss planned to make contact with Historia, that's apparently why they wanted her.

"Is there something special about that bloodline?" I asked Hange.

"Well, that's a topic for another time. What caught my attention was the fact that the chapel was destroyed. It was a sturdy building made of stone, not wood. Yes, even stone weakens after fire but that must mean the bandits just so happened to be carrying siege weapons as well. Why would robber destroy a common building? Bandits would just take what they wanted and leave quickly. And the only person who saw this happen was Rod Reiss. The same Rod Reiss immediately rebuilt the chapel using his own assets, why would he do that? Its even stranger when you consider that there were no titans there. I may be jumping to conclusions, but any place that suspicious should be worth checking out!" Hange theorises.

"Fine." Levi bluntly states, "We're heading to that chapel."

"Soldiers will probably be sent to the Reiss Family estate by dawn. I doubt he'll stick around that long. We need to hurry! Eren could be eaten!" Hange says seriously.

***