Chapter 48

"Levi! Stop!" I move out of the door and run towards him, but end up tripping over the long dress I was wearing.

"Y/N?" I hear his voice. I look up and see him walking towards me. I quickly stand up but Levi picks me up and brings me into the infirmary, laying me on the right correct bed.

"Are you okay? Does your arm and face really hurt?" He asks, concern layered on his face.

"There's nothing wrong with my ar-" I lift up my arm and see a big bloody bandage around it. "What in the world even happened..?" I mutter.

"You don't remember?" He asks, now becoming pissed off.

"Levi calm down. And don't beat her up again. You could get sued for assault." I precaution him.

"She came into your office and drugged you. She then used a knife to slice your arm. She sliced you 3 times but thankfully only one need stitches. She was also about to slice your face, but was interrupted, so you only have a scratch on your face. Weber was the one who found you and held her down till I And a few others came by. Shit. I'm so sorry Y/N, my office is close to yours but I didn't even fucking hear quick enough." He looks away, "I'm such a fucking jerk. And now look at the results, you are gonna have a stupid sca-"

I chuckle and place my hand on Levi face, "Stop ranting." He looks back at me, his eyes slightly glassy. "I fell asleep in my chair, maybe that's when she drugged me."

"But it wasn't a normal drug. It was a drug that makes you completely numb and immobile." He stares at me, "She wanted to carve you up."

"Well she failed like the incompetent fuck she is." I shrug my shoulders. "When can I leave?"

"You want to leave? Lets go to my office. I want to talk to you about something." He lifts me up. I squirm out of his grasp and land on my feet.

"I can walk, Idiot" I playfully glare at him. He offers me a weak smile and we walk to his office, ignoring stares coming out way.

He opens the door and lets me in first. "She's being arrested, her trial already took place and she's serving for 8 years. And afterwards her parents insist she's sent to a madhouse. Her parents are both pharmacists by the way."

"Ah yes, that makes sense." I reply and take a seat in one of his couches. That must be how she knew how to make drugs.

"So, Y/N." He begins.

"Yes?" I close my eyes and relax into the chair, making sure not to put pressure on my arm.

"What is our relationship status?" He suddenly asks. I abruptly sit up, and stare at him.

"Well I'm not completely sure. What is our status?" I reply smoothly.

"You see Y/N, I do want to be in a relationship with you." He continues, his ears turning pink in the process.

"Oh." I answer like an idiot.

"But," he clears his throat, "I don't want to be in a relationship while titans roam outside the Walls."

"I see" I reply, like the dead mofo I am.

"I don't want to be in a relationship with you, and then the Walls get destroyed and one of us... Die. I can't just leave you like that. But I promise, after the we regain power from the titans, I will marry you." He looks me straight in the eye.

My face heats up and I awkwardly laugh, "Eh, yes, I understand where you are coming from."

"Okay, I just wanted you to know." He stands up and walks towards me kneels in front of me. He offers me a smile and leans in to kiss me but,

The door slams open and Hange and Armin walk in. I immediately retract my head, but Levi does not. Instead he sighs and glares at Hange and Armin.

"Knock next time." He stands up and sits in his usual seat. "What?"

"Y/N!" Armin smiles. Hange stands in place, a smirk painted on her face and her glasses glinting.

"I'm fine." I smile.

"I'm sure Levi must have given you the kiss of life" Hange chuckles. Suddenly Levi is right beside Hange and is shoving his fist into her head and scowling.

"Don't mention this to anyone Arlert." Levi scowls.

"Eh, yes sir!" Armin replies and scrambles our of the room.

"Poor lad." I mumble and shake my head."

***

"In other words, Eren's Father, Grisha Yeager very well may be a human from outside the walls." Hange reminds us.

"Yes, he had the power of the Titans, just like Annie, Reiner and Berthlodt. But unlike those three, he wanted to help those inside the Walls." Hange continues.

All the squad leaders and Captain of the Survey Corps have gathered to hold a short meeting.

"If he was so interested in the Survey Corps, it would've been nice if he'd help us out a bit more." Some Squad Leader complains.

"And risk getting killed by the Military Police?" I retort and cross my arms. Idiot.

"Y/N is right. Considering everything he knew, it's possible Dr. Yeager even knew the truth about the ideology passed down in the Reiss Family. Perhaps he actually didn't want the Royal Government to find out and send MPs after him, but the moment Wall Maria was breached, he went straight tot the Reiss Family, the true leaders of the Royal Government and committed the act of madness. After getting behind the Walls, he was probably investigating the Royal Government. In any case, he would have needed an incredible amount of resolve to do what he did. And it was this man who wanted to show his ten year old son, who hoped to join the Survey Corps, the room in the basement of their house. A room that, with his dying breath, he said held everything. What do you think could be in there?" Hange asked the last part to Erwin. I glance up and look at Erwin stone cold facial expression.

"Something that was forbidden to say. No... Something that he couldn't say, even if he wanted to. In other words, the memories of the world the First King Reiss erased from our minds. That's what I would like to think. But, sitting here speculating, there's no way for us to know. As of today, we are ready. The operation to retake Wall Maria will take place two days from now. So we want to know what's in the basement? Well, Lets go see." Erwin states and I start chuckling.

"Isn't that the Survey Corps Way?" I ask.

Erwin and a few others laugh before he continues, "I'll leave the teams to all of you. Y/N, mix your squad with the others. I want you fighting next to Levi. Thank you for training them." I nod to him and glace at Levi, who was sitting in a corner by himself.

"Could we at least have some red meat today though?" Someone asks.

"Yeah. We've got to show those kids from time to time that they can depend on us. You including Y/N" Someone says and Erwin and I chuckle.

"Of course." Erwin replies. Everyone gets up and start making their way out and I follow, right before I am about to leave, I am pulled back into the room. I turn around and see Levi, about to close the door in the face of Hange who just saw what happened.

"Hu-?" Hange is cut off with the door closing.

Hey Guys.

We are currently on Chapter 72, if you are interested :)

thanks for 40,000+ reads on this book! I am so grateful!

I also want to address the fact that some people might be offended because I called an asylum a 'madhouse' in this chapter. I am sorry, and I do not mean offense, but to be realistic in this story, I doubt they called asylums, asylums 2000 years ago. OoF and I love you.