Chapter 19

The next day we decided to held a small experiment on Eren. It didn't go too well.

"Hey Hange..." I started, "You HAVE noticed Eren looks different right?"

"EREN! GET UP! HUMANITIES FUTURE IS RIDING ON YOU! STAND!" Hange shouts.

"He's not even ten meters tall and he's missing some flesh. Also Eren's ass is hanging out." Levi says.

I'm about to grapple onto Eren to free him, when Levi stops me.

"I KNOW THAT!" Hange shouts again.

"He's steaming a lot." Levi says looking at me. Like no shit.

I grapple onto Eren and use my gas to get down. "Y/N and that gloomy brat are ignoring orders again, should we punish them?" Levi says.

I see Mikasa beside me and her face is so shocked.

"GIVE US A SIGNAL IF YOU'RE THERE EREN! Crap, he's not responding." Hange appears beside me and tries to pull Eren out.

"HOT! HOT! YOU'RE SERIOUSLY HOT RIGHT NOW EREN!" She says.

"Wait stop! Eren is bleeding! LET ME DO IT!" Mikasa exclaims.

"His body is more fused with the Titan! Maybe if we leave him longer he will become a Titan. Or would that make me a bad person?" Hange says to herself. Moblit comes beside us and watches Eren. Hange pulls a bit more and Eren's face, well what's supposed to be Eren's is exposed.

"WOOAH! MOBLIT LOOK AT THIS! ERENS FACE IS SERIOUSLY MESSED UP! HURRY GET A SKETCH OF THIS! IS HE GOING TO GET HIS OLD FACE BACK?!?!" WE NEED IT FOR COMPARISON LATER!" Hange says shocked.

"Squad leader do you have any compassion?!" Mikasa says worrying. I quickly take my blades out and slice Eren away from the body. Mikasa sighs in relief and smiles at me.

Eren starts panting and Hange speaks, "Sorry, I got carried away."

"EXPERIMENT COMPLETE! ALL TROOPS WITHDRAW IMMEDIATELY!" Hange announces.

"WE'RE WITHDRAWING! SEARCH THE PERIMETER AND MAKE SURE THERE ARE NO WITNESSES!" Someone yells. I zip back up to Levi and catch him saying something to Historia and she walks away.

Levi sees me and starts, "That was dangerous."

"No it wasn't. Eren was suffering there." I answer as we walk towards our horses. I mount my beautiful grey horse and we start heading back to the Cabin.

***

"I can't believe it... I slept for a whole day?" Eren says.

"I'm glad you're back to normal." Hange said. Eren looked confused and she continued, "Mikasa or Y/N would have sliced me into shreds. Anyway, do you remember the experiment we ran?"

"I don't remember a thing from the experiment. How did the 'Hardening' go?" Eren asks alert. I sigh and he looks at me, his facial express dropping.

"Unfortunately, nothing of that phenomena occurred." Hange said. I sincerely feel bad for Eren, he has been trying so hard. Hange then explained everything that happened to Eren, who listened quietly, obviously disappointed.

"So we won't be able to start immediately on the operation to retake Wall Maria, all because I couldn't harden my titan body..." Eren said at the end.

"That's exactly right." Levi spoke for the first time, "It was a real disappointment to us. And everyone's been miserable today because of it. We can't let any more time go to waste. Who knows what will happen next? Titans might sprout out of the ground or rain from the sky. Anyway, we are in a shitty situation."