8: A Throbbing Pain

There was a voice, but it wasn't mine. It sounded familiar, that was for sure. Now, I could see two legs speeding down a bushy path but they weren't mine and it started to confuse me.

I looked down at my hands and feet to see I was just standing, not running. I looked both sides to see I was standing at a highway but there were no cars coming from either side. I turned to my front and saw the path ahead were just bushes, and amidst those bushes was a figure. It was the running figure.

I squinted my eyes, my brows furrowed, sensing a sort of familiarity with the figure that seemed to be running towards me.

I wasn't the one running but I could feel my heartbeat drumming in my ears and my breathing, ragged.

I widened my eyes then squinted to get a clearer view of the figure that was now waving as it was running towards me.

It was a girl: not a tall one neither a short one but a female that seemed average height from what I could see.

I started to panic now when I saw someone else come from behind her. The panic wasn't mine, it was hers. She was scared - terrified, in fact! - and this seemed to be because of the new person that had emerged from behind.

"Joy!" I heard my name and recognized that voice instantly.

Immediately, I blinked to wake. I was breathing heavily and my heart was pounding in my chest like it was about to break my ribcage.

I sat up immediately and rubbed my face, only to realize I was sweating. I looked at my wet hand, then at the ceiling. There was still light and my fan was on but I still couldn't get why I was sweating as much as I was.

I closed my eyes as my head began to pound. "Ugh." I groaned as I held unto my head.

Still trying to manage my headache, bits of my dream flashed through my mind: the figure running towards me, the fear she felt, the man behind her and the voice to be my sister's.

Was she in trouble? Was this a sign?

I shook the thought out of my head as immediately as I thought about it, and the headache reminded me it was still there. "Ugh. Oooh." I groaned.

I was about to get out of my bed when something vibrated behind me. I furrowed my brows as I searched for the source of the noise. It vibrated again, and following the sound, it came from under my pillow. I raised the pillow up to see it was my phone.

The phone vibrated again in my hands. I turned on the screen and gasped when I saw my percent - 5% - and that my data had been on the whole night.

"Oooooh God." I groaned in frustration as I unlocked my phone.

I was about to turn off my data when a message caught my eye. I tapped on it and my Whatsapp chats came on. I scrolled over to where the message was, in my school's group chat.

YESTERDAY

KvngMatt added 09022128191

Aliyaloves: hu did u just add to d group Matthew...
21:33

Treason📻: Matthew, who was that u added?
21:33

Aliyaloves: Hmm... you sha want to show us that you know English... Madam I know it all... @Treason📻
21:34

Immanuel: Matt, who ws that?
21:34

Emmyisthename👍: is your grandfather he aded @Aliyaloves
21:34

Treason📻: Did I tag u wen I ws typing or which one is ur own?
21:34