Mrs. & Mr. LaGuard

I put on the  simple outfit and opened the door, He was waiting out there for me " Shall we." I shrugged " I don't think I have much of a choice. " He started walking past me, I followed. The ship looked more like a mansion. It was beautiful. 

Soon enough we made it to two large doors, it looked french in design. He knocked on it twice and then opened the door. " Right this way. " I followed, Inside the lounge a woman and a man sat across from  each other, seemingly playing a game of checkers, The woman jumped up at her first glance and ran over to me, She looked kind " Hello Clay, I do apologize about the harsh way of bringing you here. " Her husband, I think, came over and placed his hands on her shoulders " We just didn't know of any other way. " I rose my eyebrow, " Right... Who are you, people?" I questioned " Right, " The woman exclaimed. " You see, I and your mother were very close when we were kids. When she married your father-" I cut her off " Marcus is not my father." I said coldly, " Of course dear, he was a horrible man. " I scoffed and looked her in the eye. " You were saying, " I said " Yes. We were very close, but when she married Marcus, he moved her very far away, and all contact subsided. " She looked sad, " And when news came of her death-" I  cut her off once again " Suicide. " She was shocked that I said that. " Yes... We came to the funeral, I don't know if you remember. " I half smiled " I tried burying as much memory as I could. If it was a sport id get a gold medal. " Their son laughed a little, his mother shot him an icy glare. " We can discuss more at dinner. I bet you've starved" the son peaked up " I am If anyone cares." I turned around " No one does. " And walked out of the lounge. The door was caught behind me, the son catching up to me " What do you want? " He blocked my path going forward " Listen, baby girl, you don't know where you are, and I can't exactly let you wander around aimlessly" Baby girl? How dare he " I am not your baby girl "  I shoved him aside, and continued to my cabin. I heard a scoff as I walked away. 

I shut the door behind me and took a deep breath in. Play, dumb. I told myself.  Tony will find me, I know it. 

Stark Tower, third-person POV. *

Tony paced back and forth " Friday update!" Friday answered " Sir there is no update. I cannot trace her. " Damnit!" He punched a desk in front of him. "Easy Tony, we'll find her. " Steve consoled Tony "I-I let it happen twice. How can I look her in the eye again and tell her she's safe when clearly I can't- I can't protect her. " He sunk himself into the leather couch, " Mr. Stark?" Peter was at the door of the lab. Tony and Steve shared a look, Peter sensed something was wrong " Wheres Clay?" he began to feel the stress of the room, something bad had happened. Steve cleared his throat " Someone took her." He said plain and flat. Peters' heart fell. " W-what? " Peter's face grew serious, " Whose, They? " his tone of voice chilled Tony's spine " We don't know." Peter softened when he heard the crack in Tony's voice. Tony took another shot. " Karen?" Peter called, " Yes, Peter?" A woman answered, " Hi Karen, Could you do me a favor?" 

Unknown location*

Clay was unsettled as she sat down at a beautiful table, it was black and modern in design, with soft eggshell white seats which complemented the white lining of the walls. The son, Clay assumed,  who had a sharp jaw and deep caramel eyes sat across from her staring at her. She shifted in discomfort. He took a deep breath " You have no idea how incredibly special you are," He leaned back in his chair " Do you? " he finished his sentence, Clay looked at him in disbelief " I don't know what you're talking about. I am nothing more than a charity case to Tony Stark. I don't know anything. " Clay sounded convincing. She even convinced herself, for the time she remains on the ship, that was her truth. But when he looked into her eyes, he saw the truth. For a few solid minutes they were locked inside a stare. " Well once again, Your mother beat me." The man and women clay had seen playing chess in the other room, now entered this one. The son laughed and broke eye contact " Well she certainly can play a tough game. " He said in a deep whiskey rough voice, the man nodded " I certainly can." The women sat down with a smile." Clay felt only ice come from her smile. She wanted to go home. 

Not long after everyone sat down, the food was served. The smell made Clay's stomach rumbled. Sat in front of her, a plate of smoked salmon and a few spoonfuls of fruit salad sat next to it. The food looked so good. A question popped in her head," You said you knew my mother. " Clay turned to the woman, She had a blank smile still on her face " I did when we were children." her smile faded, " We met in Germany, in the summer of 1985. " Clay took a few bites of her food. " She never mentioned you. " Clay said, with distrust brewing inside her " In fact, I don't even know your names."  The woman smiled, " I am Alice LaGuard, this is my husband Rogger, and our son Miller. " The son threw up a peace sign. Clay finished the salmon and had already eaten most of the fruit salad. 

Clays vision began blurrily, She stood up " I... I need to leave..." She tried running out the door but caught herself on the wall. She started breathing heavier, as her legs gave out from under her, and she fell on the floor.  She laid on her back, panting " Please.." She whispered Miller bent down " Sweet dreams baby girl. " 

Clay couldn't see, it felt like an abyss of black. 

Peter, im sorry.